Jack’s v. Grow Dots in Coco

It’s super minimal almost unnoticeable

3 Likes

Wow that is quite a difference!

2 Likes

Yeah, I finally had to click on the picture so I could zoom in and follow the edge of the leaves till I found it, when you said “super super slight” you weren’t exaggerating.

Every little detail is necessary in an experiment, and provides data for future grows. If this strain is highly resistant to nute problems it might be fine for the dots, but could be that a strain more sensitive could be severely shocked, so noticing that tiny detail could save the next round of plants! Nice eye Mark!

3 Likes

I think the Dots are pretty light on feed, I’m sort of expecting that this guy showing the little bit of burn now may be the most I ever get out of an auto with the dots. I’m really curious to use my Lemon Tree mother to make 2 clones to do the same test with. She’s notoriously hungry - used the nutes from a fresh bag of FFOF in 2 weeks instead of the usual 4-6. Takes double strength Jacks with a shot of CalMag for breakfast. I’m much more interested in seeing if the grow dots can keep up with the extremely hungry phenos I’ve got growing.

I’ve got a White Widow who has decided she wants to be starved with full strength Jacks too - she’s gonna get a transplant into soil amended with grow dots tonight and fed some full strength jacks with a little extra CalMag for her first couple days while the grow dots dissolve a little.

@SmokeyMtnHighs here’s my experiment thread.

5 Likes

All my autos would show it real light at the beginning but soon be begging for more so I believe it’ll be ok.

1 Like

grow dots extending their lead. interesting

5 Likes

@Graysin i did get a bit of burn too but cleared up quickly and mine are clones of same plant in super-soil .
:alien: Happy Growing

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking too - should be gone as fast as it came. I’m gonna check in on em soon tonight to see where we’re at.

out of again :heart: :heart: :heart:
:alien: Happy Growing

1 Like

Maybe it’s late and im delusional, but am I the only one who feels these are both a little on small side for 3ish weeks in coco? I don’t have anything going to compare, but I stole something from Matty here larger plants similar age, even running on 12 hours light.

4 Likes

roots are developing? I think they were started in these pots.

2 Likes

That stuff doesn’t buff out over 3 weeks? Never tried since switching to coco. Always cup to 1,2, or 3 gallon.

2 Likes

I’ve never started in the final pot. :man_shrugging: Just what I’m assuming is going on.

2 Likes

I dunno my nearly 2 week old girls will be that big in 3 days or so he’s not that behind, looks like he’s being a Lil to gentle with light ( plus I use humic and fulvic and that’s definitely a speed booster)

3 Likes

I think he started in final pots to accurately measure out the grow dots per instructions? Not entirely sure. They will catch up once those roots find their boundaries.

Old pic around 25 days old in coco. Jacks, microbes, fulvic… All the other junk. Couple of late bloomers, some topped, and defoliated. Sicks genetics.

4 Likes

Autos I start in bigger pots seem to start off smaller. Ut go like nuts when they go. How much water u feeding always til runoff??

1 Like

I know he is doing grow dots itself with ro water only tho to see what’s happening with the grow dots. So far they seem okay for an auto but only time will tell.

1 Like

They are - I have 2 autos down on a different tier that are nearly double in size that were started in solo cups. I have to assume they’re strangely small either due to genetics (both weirdly little) or due to being started in the final pot as others have mentioned.
Here are the other 2 (but not a grow Dots experiment so they’re in autopots and under different lighting)

As far as lighting goes, they’re both getting moved into my 4x4 very likely this AM as some room opens up - that’ll put them under the 260XL Rspec so they shouldn’t have any lack of light. I’m curious as to whether the plants will take off under the new light or if they’ve still got some root searching to do.

3 Likes

I think the size differences is because of pot sizes. They grow roots to hold the plant so a bigger pot will require more root time I bet as it goes a bit more it will blast off good. Just alot more root mass to fill. The solo gets filled faster which gets the plant growing quicker but smaller because the roots will only be so big to support so much top growth. This is just what I notice from final pots to using solos with autos. The smaller the pot the faster the plant seems to grow the bigger the slower but when u take them from the final pots after chop watch the root mass differences between the final set seed and the solo grown one. I bet the roots r massive difference as the final pot seed will have a ton more root mass.

3 Likes

@dbrn32

Sour Diesel 3 weeks old from breaking ground. 4 gal pots.

5 Likes