Jack’s v. Grow Dots in Coco

nice job well done-- lets go number 2 –
got my first 2 plants chopped . chopping dots down tomorrow–Monday.
awesome job @Graysin . keep it up and dont forget me on those pollinated things . lol
:alien: Happy Growing

3 Likes

Thats some beautiful bud

3 Likes

No Dots v2

I forgot to snap shots of Grow Dots v2 before the lights went off. :man_facepalming:t3:

9 Likes

So what do you think so far? I kinda dig it for the lack of formulating all the different nutrients. Sort of like Ron Popeil….set it & forget it! Yours look healthy & happy, that’s for sure.

My current grow just went into the dark and I’m doing a new summer grow with Dots again since I’m usually busy in the warm months living near the ocean.

11 Likes

I think if I wasn’t a stubborn ass about doing hydroponic grows alongside the rest of my grows, I’d switch to Dots and keep Jacks etc. as supplemental asides. I was spoiled being able to just plain water my Grow Dot plants.

Your lady looks incredible

5 Likes

Wow ya girls are lookimg stellar

4 Likes

Look pretty dam good to me gromie!!

4 Likes

Happy cake day buddy. Have a good day

4 Likes

Thanks brother :beers:

2 Likes

I agree dots are really simple I keep waiting for some kind of deficiency and they just keep going

6 Likes

Midway through flower they might need CalMag if they go like mine did. Otherwise, nothing else required!

4 Likes

Right now I’m just using fish shit and silica boost 12 days since flip 63 from germination

4 Likes

It’s good to hear more Grow Dots feedback. So far, my two Dots autoflower plants in soil (day 44 since sprouting) are doing well. Besides Recharge (every other watering/~once per week), from the beginning I’ve given them organic calmag with every watering (RO water). I like simplicity, whenever it makes sense, as well as low-cost.

6 Likes

I hear ya…it’s hard to argue with the ease of the grow. I’m growing autos as well and I thought Grow Dots were a perfect match with their grow time of roughly 16 weeks. The one thing I can’t make sense of is the flush. How would we know if the nutrients were exhausted so the flush is actually removing residual salts and nutrients? If the Dots were still active, all we’d be doing is giving them more nutes. I probably should have emailed them asking them about this.

When I flushed, rather than plain water, I went with Flawless Finish thinking it was a little like Liquid Plumber getting more leftover stuff outa there. :joy:

1 Like

Realgrowers says this on the product description, “Built-in Nitrogen phase-out, no flush needed!” and “Designed to phase out and auto-flush your soil at the end of each grow cycle.”

I don’t plan on flushing, which is a debatable topic, anyway. With each watering using these Grow Dots, though, I’m allowing a bit more runoff than I did when using an all-natural setup/living soil; I’m not sure how much that is needed or useful, but seems like a safer/better way to go. Would be nice if Realgrowers gave a bit more information, though. :slight_smile: Well, I recently bought more Grow Dots for my next plant. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I just started 7 more plants using Grow Dots…

2 Likes

All this is reminding me to check on 4/20 for Grow dots to be on sale. :crossed_fingers:

PS - Grow Dots and No Dots v2 come down in about 12 hrs. Gonna let lights be on just long enough to check trichomes, verify and chop. :v:

6 Likes

Me three just bought some more dots

3 Likes

I always heard THC drops dramatically as soon as the lights hit it in the am. I harvested my Super Skunk clones in the dark! LOL! I had a light on in the other room, just enough to see the tent, reach in and find a stalk then “snip”.
It’s all part of the “Darkness before Harvest” debate. LOL!

4 Likes

For sure with all that you said. I feel confident that I’m not allowing too much runoff, and also many synthetic nute folks do want a fair amount of runoff … so I’m also doing guesswork like many of us. :crazy_face: I kinda doubt that harmful salts build up in the bottom of the pot? If so, I would hope that Realgrowers would let us know … ? LOL, so I’m trying to aim for some sort of middle ground.

Yeah, we would like more info, and I also trust that they are looking at the real-time, real-life growers’ experiences. So far, the good news is that the Grow Dots seem to be fairly flexible. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes