Jack’s nutrients

I’ve been using jacks for all of my current grow but not the bloom additive. I’m in around the 5th week of flower now.

Question as for me its unclear…should i get the bloom additive now and use throughout the rest of the flower time?

I would not worry about using anything for Bloom right now, you’re almost ready to start flushing if you’re in your 5th week of flower. Benefits would be too little too late. I add flower fuel as soon as I flip my lights to 12:12 or I start seeing pistils on my autos.

1 Like

Jack’s Bloom is recommended by them for only the first week of flower. A decent number of folks (including myself) use a bloom recipe for the first 3 weeks after flip that consists of 2g Part A, 2g Epsom, 2g Part B, and 1.2g MKP per gallon. The MPK does not come from Jack’s.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HCS44LY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After that, it’s back to 321 for the rest of the grow.

5 Likes

Thanks. Will get some

I misspoke yesterday on the modified formula @Billsmetro. It’s 2g Part B, 2g Epsom, 2.7g Part B, and 1.2g MPK. I should have looked it up, rather than going on dodgy memory. I apologize. They get added in the order listed and allowed to dissolve before adding the next.

3 Likes

Thanks Dr Woo

There is typo in there.

I don’t use this recipe, but when i have started at 2,2,2,1.2.

4 Likes

I got the recipe from one of Hellraiser’s posts, but it was not a recipe he was using at the time. Damned if I know whether 2g or 2.7g of cal nitrate is the better amount. I just got done with 3 weeks of using the 2.7g version last week with no I’ll effects.

4 Likes

No biggie, you could tweak and tune to whatever you need. You had just listed part b twice all i was noting.

2 Likes

Oof. Big dummy. Too late to edit…

1 Like

Just wanted to post this here so there’s no future confusion from what you might hear elsewhere. Got an email reply this morning from JR Peters and confirms what @DrWoo
Posted earlier.

1 Like

I don’t like that recipe as much. Not enough mag in my experience. Difference in a tenth of gram of other two is pretty negligible, but often find myself running even more than original on epsom.

10 Likes

I started using 321 on my last grow. I seemed to have no issues with the original mix. I just started my second DWCR grow with it.

2 Likes

How much more epsom do you use over the 1.1?

1 Like

Usually between 1.2 and 1.4.

2 Likes

1.2 or 1.4 in addition to the 1.1 or instead of?

1 Like

Instead of. When i mix my nutrients its 3.6/hydro blend, 2.4/cal nitrate, and 1.2-1.4 epsom.

6 Likes

:beers:

Thanks

1 Like

So I have a question, I’m thinking about switching to jacks from general hydroponics Flora series. My question is what kinds of jacks do I need to buy?

Depends on your water. J’s will test your water and make recommendations from the results.

Not expensive either.

1 Like