Jack’s nutrients

Can I replace jacks 5-12-26 with 15-5-20. In my 3-2-1 mix. Just replace not have to do anything else?

1 Like

I dont think the mixture would mess anything up aside from ur NPK ratios being thrown outta wack. You may want to check if the ingredients of 15-5-20 play well with Calcium Nitrate.

But NPK wise, 5-12-26 and 15-5-20 are ALOT further apart then they sound. The numbers represent the NPK (Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium) values of said nute. By switching you will greatly increase the Nitrogen (leading to N burn) and decrease the Phosphorus (very important in flowering). I personally wouldnt swap those two. If you had something a bit more bloom friendly NPK, maybe….

10 Likes

But why???

1 Like

Ph in my water is normally around 8.9 to 9

That’s for the advice!

1 Like

I wouldn’t because you’d be messing with magnesium calcium balance ( along with the other micros) that’s been near perfected by the original formula

3 Likes

Jacks makes it simple.
why complicate it.

4 Likes

@DrWoo mentioned something in his journal thread folks that Jacks 321 has a new recipe. I’ll let him confirm what it is here. Appears that the 3.6-2.4-1.2 ratio has changed per JR Peters.

1 Like

The latest schedule, hot off their website. I’ve no idea when exactly it changed, but this has been the schedule at least since the end of last year.

3 Likes

Is this your tap water or is this what you pH your water to after nutes are mixed?
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Has to be the water from the tap, or there’d be nothing alive in the garden.

@Sandman2 - JR Peters has a water analysis service that I’ve used and recommend. $40 gets you all the details on your water by email. Send those results by email to Wild Bill at Jack’s and get specific recommendations for using that water with Jack’s products.

10 Likes

I use Jack’s 321. I have emailed them a couple times. They always get back to me within 24 hours.

I speak to a guy named Cody. He is extremely knowledgeable. I suggest you contact them.

2 Likes

Tap straight out the pipe

1 Like

Thanks for all the advise

Don’t mix the 15-5-20 with calcium nitrate and epsom. The 15-5-20 is a general purpose blend that is designed to give similar npk ratio as the 321 recipe when mixed.

6 Likes

Just wondering why change something that is proven? Is the otger stuff cheaper?

The 321 formula is designed for relatively pure/clean water. The other stuff is for water with high dissolved solids or high alkalinity. Water of this type will see ph rise over time. The mix is formulated to prevent or mitigate this rise.

6 Likes

Cool, i use part a epsom part b but i use ro water
Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Company I ordered from sent wrong one. That’s why I asked .

2 Likes

Im glad you did ask. My brother will be switching to jacke when the stuff he is using is gone. He has alkiline well water so this will likelyhelp him