Jack herer seedlings with purple stems is that normal?

Tent grow in FF happy frog, distilled water with seaweed extract and Urb (2ml and 1ml per quart respectively ph @ 6.8). Leaves seem to be a nice deep green and growth rate seems normal. Should I be concerned, and if so what can I do to get “off the ledge” lol.

Thanks for your kind and helpful consideration!!!

2 Likes

You should always be worried LOL. It doesn’t sound like you are having any problems. Why not put some pics up so everyone can take a look. Also Welcome to ILGM forum

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts agree on a lot of things but I will have to diverge a little here. I would classify the attention as being vigilant not worried. If I had to worry about my grow all the time I don’t know if this would be a hobby of mine. We do need some pictures to better help with your question. Also, please take a minute to tell us about your set up by filling out the information below.

Welcome to the group.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like

I was making a bad joke. I’m with you on not being to obsessive. You can probably do more damage than good constantly worrying about plants.

3 Likes

Fox farm soil is a little hot just water for awhile and work on getting the ph to 6.5ph and then when go into flower it should go more smoothly and if it’s all fox farm soil it should take you all the way to flower with light feeding i feed at 100% and had alot of issues going into flower and nitrogen claws for fan leaves and i would flush before going to flower it was alot better when I did that now i use pro mix vegetable and herb mix soil

1 Like

That’s Fox Farms Ocean Forest you are thinking of. This person is using Fox Farms Happy Frog, which is a medium-nutrient soil. I wouldn’t expect it to carry you all the way into flower in most cases.

To the original poster - I’m curious as to your actual strain, as there are several Jack Herer “tribute” strains out there that have purple (Purple Kush, Purple Haze) strains in them. The real Jack Herer from Sensi does not.
The main takeaway is, though - lots of plants produce red or purple petioles through genetics. Sometimes it happens because of cold temperatures. The only time there is probably a real concern is if it happens because you have a phosporus deficiency during flower, which is not typical. As long as your leaves look healthy, I would not worry.

2 Likes

I love this…Aren’t we all in this state of mind.

2 Likes

not unusual to see “colored” stems…especially in colder temps.
not a cause for worry.

Yes sorry i was thinking fox farm ocean forest soil my bad

1 Like

Good point…concerned not obsessed should maybe be a new mantra. I will look to postpics tomorrow FWIW. Thanks for everybodys thoughts!

2 Likes

What part are you in of growing? If you are entering flower or in flower it can mean a slight P deficiency. Or it can be genetics. Keep a eye on your pH. 6.5 is best for P intake and that your ppms are where they need to be.

so, these JH’s are from seed bought here (ILGM). I’m not sure what this pheno has in it specifically. FWIW I’m growing in soil, FFHF at first then an amended FFOF at the first transplant into one gallons and finally five gallon fabric pots. Various teas along the way to keep the store bought nutes in the store. On a side note I will be trying my next grow with a no till soil. Tea’s and distilled water PH’d to 6.7. Using distilled as our public water has chloramines and chose to bypass those and in lieu of buying a RO filter.

Started with a T5 fluorescent for a couple of weeks then on to HLG V2 respect 260 watt in a Vivosun 3x3. Temps have been pretty steady mid 70’s in the day, mid sixties at night. RH was on target through mid veg but we’ve had a shit-ton of rain and cool temps so I haven’t justified turning the AC on but I can’t get the RH down to 50% where I would like it. Probably going to purchase a dehumidifier even after venting directly outside which hasn’t made as much of a difference as I had hoped. it seems to be a lot easier to add humidity that it is to get rid of some lol. I have some really nice airflow in there so I’m not super worried but I would like to get it sorted.

No Co2, not sure how I would be able to keep it in the tent with all the venting. Maybe at a later date when I have a better system in place.

I’m about three weeks into flower now and things are progressing nicely despite these plants being super hard to train, for me, due to the close spacing of the nodes. It was like a jungle in there and eventually I had to get out the machete and get medieval on their azzes.

Starting to get a little frosty

And the red is still prevalent on the leaf stems where the light is direct and intense

let that one cola in the pic go a few weeks long and it will meld into one very big monster

@tanlover442 , Good observation, however that post is a year old. Lol
Happens to me all the time as I get to checking threads and find myself on ones that are quite old.

yep, you caught me. lol