Jack Herer Auto Week 2 Indoor Grow

This is my first grow. I believe I overwatered and that’s why the leaves are curling upwards?
Letting soil dry out.
Using FoxFarm ocean forest. Maybe too hot?
HLG100 v2 24hrs a day
Trying to keep it as simple as possible, as I am super busy.image

1 Like

Welcome @AlexR ! That soil is a bit hot for 2 weeks old. How big of pot are you using? Are you PHing your water going in?

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM as well. And like @Jbum said. FFOF is a tad hot for seedlings. Also how high are ur lights? Cupping/taco leaves can be light/heat stress. So id check those numbers first

1 Like

I’m growing the same. I put some seed starter soil in a hole I dug in the top of th ffof and it seems to do well. Won’t need to transplant to larger one later.

4 Likes

Ah, I thought I could use this soil and avoid having to give nutrients. Pot is a standard sized solo cup for now. Placed drainage holes in the bottom. Was going to repot when appropriate.

Lights were about 16 inches away. Now moved to 24.

1 Like

Welcome and here’s hoping for a plentiful harvest. :+1:

1 Like

Here is jack auto at week 5. Using same light…definitely suffered some light burn but back to having it at least 16 inches away. Had it only 6 inches away for a bit…oops. PH-ed water, added nature’s nectar One shot granules to soil 1tbs and mixed into top one inch of soil, now in a tent with a fan. Odor isn’t too bad…yet.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice. Trying my best.

2 Likes

The leaves are showing a factor that is stressing the plant. I see discoloration on all the leaves.

Looks like the markings on the leaves are a result of :point_up:t2: Lite burn / Sunburn.
Maybe back the light up a couple more in. To 18 in. Bit less stress. :wink::+1::v:

1 Like

Ah bummer to hear. Hopefully it will still turn out okay!

I am wondering if it is time to harvest or not? Trichomes look cloudy? No? Pistils have not changed much or curled. Thanks for all the advice!!!

1 Like

Hi @AlexR. Looks like you have quite a while left.

Okay thank you! I have some yellowing if the leaves. I heard that is normal. I will continue to ph my water.

1 Like

More photos…it has been a tough first grow. The plant suffered severed underwatering, heat stress a few weeks ago but bounced back. Last week, there was a lot of yellowing of the fan leaves, fed with nectar for the gods one shot granules. Seems to be doing better. I am wondering how many weeks I have left in flower. Any and all advice appreciated! Thank you.

1 Like

@AlexR not sure how many weeks, but you’ve still got some time yet. All those white hairs will start to amber up and curl in. The buds should start to fatten up a bit, also. Do you have a jewelers loupe? They are cheap on amazon. They are for looking at the tricombs. That’s when you’ll know when they are ready.

This might help

Yup u look to have 3-5 weeks left minimal

2 Likes

These are the trichs under microscope

1 Like

Had a bout of overheating/underwatering + possible nitrogen def :frowning: wondering if she can recover. Lost a lot of fan leaves. 60% clear and 40% cloudy trichs at the moment, no amber. Any tips appreciated.

1 Like