I've grown it, now what do I do with it? Super Newbie!

For the past year I have been buying chocolate bars for chronic pain. The cost is prohibitive so I decided to grow my own which is legal with my medical card. So, I just harvested 4 blueberry OG plants. I have a gallon mason jar full.

I need to know what to do with it, so that it ultimately becomes part of chocolate bars. I tried looking at recipes on here but there were many terms I didn’t understand. Like I said super newbie. I need help! If you know where there are videos or help guides or anything, I would really appreciate it.

To give you a really good idea of just how new I am, I had sticky fingers for two days after harvesting. Didn’t know about the alcohol…

3 Likes

@Missiles can you tag some help here I’m not sure who to tag and welcome to the forum

1 Like

@Midwestnewbie

Welcome @bryn there are several good threads on this site. I and a few others use the mb2 machine for extraction. You can make butter or other things. This is just what I prefer there are several other ways other people use. But you could at least check out that site and watch a few videos to at least give you an idea of what you’re looking for. I’ll try to tag you in a few threads here as well.

3 Likes

I’m assuming dried flower and trim?

If so; the first thing is to decarboxylate the flower in the oven: 240 F for 45 minutes works. This converts THC into it’s psychoactive form. If you don’t do this you won’t feel high. The decarbed flower is then put into whatever oil you want to use. I like coconut oil. A small crock pot works great. Load the flower and coconut oil in the crock pot and cook with 1 cup of water and 1 Tablespoon of soy lecithin (this helps the liver uptake 11-hydroxy THC). Cook for 4 hours and strain through muslin or cheesecloth. Refrigerate, lift the butter cake off of the residual water and discard the water. Re melt butter and package in whatever convenient size you want. I make chocolate brownies using 6 oz of my butter.

9 Likes

:joy: roll it up, light it up, inhale , exhale

6 Likes

I like the crock pot idea one question what temperature setting would be correct to use on crock pot. Thanks

1 Like

Put it on high until the water boils then turn down to low. You want to try to avoid cooking for too long (I do 4 hours) because the chlorophyll imparts a bitter taste. The boiling water regulates the temp. Unless you are at 7,000 feet you should do fine.

2 Likes

Thanks I have saved all this info want to get away from stove-top method.

1 Like

Welcome @bryn, to the forum! Read a lot of threads on this site, very helpful.

How much coconut oil do you put in crock pot?