I've found a treatment for Empty Nest Syndrome!

I didn’t think they looked too far off. Didn’t see any amber though either.

Looks like @Hogmaster is on. Perhaps you can weigh in on this?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I agree. The calyx looks particularly swollen in that pic.

2 Likes

Yes that is a nana you can chop it any day she looks great as long as they are all milky ummmmmy

3 Likes

Yes to the foxtailing. You can see it better on her other bud (posts 181 and 183 or 184)

Though I am anxious to harvest I can certainly wait another day or two :wink: I really don’t want to do it too soon and I also don’t want much couchlock effect… such a balancing act (and the waiting! ugh)

3 Likes

Two days ago, I cut off several buds containing nanas… 35.4g :grin: Down to 11.9 tonight and not quite ready for the jar. Smells like hay but I hear that’s normal? More waiting… ugh… only the reward makes it even possible for me to show this much patience (the most in my life, I think)

OK… honestly there was only a couple bananas but I took the whole branch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well there you go. His opinion is probably as good as anyone else’s.

If you’re wanting to avoid the couchlock you can probably go any time. Some of them don’t really like to go amber. As long as you don’t have a bunch of clear it’s ready when you want it to be.

5 Likes

Upon further investigation, definitely pollen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So she’s been banned from the tent and will be chopped later today :hugs: I need to go pick up some mesh to make a drying rack. The idea just came together last night… I gutted an old dresser that’s sturdy but drawers were difficult to open. It’s got sentimental value so I was hoping to find another use for it… a drying rack is going to be perfect, I hope!!

The dresser is 40" tall, 31" wide and 17" deep. I plan to add ‘shelves’ of mesh and cut some venting holes. I also have a small fan to circulate air (not directed at the buds but into a corner)

Thoughts? Suggestions? I’m not sure how big to make vent holes and whether I should add some kind of exhaust. What else might I be missing? Is this dresser-dryrack a viable idea?

6 Likes

4 Likes

I’m all for recycling :+1: and like the idea. I’m just not sure what to tell you about the vent holes :thinking: but someone with more experience should come along soon to advise you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We got the dresser from a very dear friend when he moved out of state. He’s since passed (far too soon, he was younger than me) and he would get the the biggest thrill from his dresser being used as part of our process :angel: I like to think he knows (though I’m not religious and still don’t know where I stand with the idea of the God of the bible)

1 Like

Thanks for the lighter comparison. If you don’t want to drill holes, you could just set a fan in front of it. That could work well. Otherwise Put three holes at the top, and one at the bottom for air with a fan. @GreenThunder

1 Like

I was thinking I’d make a door for the front, to keep light out… but maybe a curtain would be better :thinking: thick dark fabric or one of those light blocking curtains :sunglasses:
Thanks @Covertgrower :v:

2 Likes

I totally understand which is why I gave up on organized religion. I use to get in trouble and embarrassed some family members when I questioned a country minister about his sermons :grimacing: I was about 6-7 at the time.

1 Like

I was wondering what you were going to use. Thrift store insulated drapes etc :+1:

1 Like

My favorite place to shop :ok_hand:

1 Like

:+1: I just picked up New with tags jeans yesterday for $0.50 !

3 Likes

Love those kinds of finds :ok_hand::green_heart:

1 Like

You and me both sister. I have two locally and both support and give support to the local community. I’m actually thinking of volunteering at one in the spring. A lot will depend on how my hubby is doing then.

2 Likes

@GreenThunder a curtain would allow for air exchange and keep light out. Perfect!

2 Likes

Last week I clipped a branch from the one with bananas and put the buds in a paper bag. The humidity in the bag has dropped to 54% but when I put them in a jar it jumps up to 67% even with a bovida pack :disappointed: How long is it ok to be at 54% or less in the bag? I think over 65 is too high to be in the jar, right?
I’m using a pint size jar… maybe a bigger one would be better? :thinking:

1 Like