It’s Mom’s basement now!

If you can warm up the soil and get the micro life back thriving you can still revert them AYE, but baromic pressure is very challenging if you cannot keep them warm above 62 degrees and dirt above 58 is pushing it

2 Likes
1 Like

Interesting, I love DIY craft projects, I may give that a try. I took the soil temp with my ThermaPro, it was 52° with them being awake 30 mins. The air temp inside the tent after 2 hours with lights on is 67° 41%rh, I’m running all fans and exhaust at lowest speed. I’m gonna wash out all my roasting pans tomorrow and leave one in there with water to up the humidity.

1 Like

I remembered to move the cherry pie out of the dark closet and into the tent, tied her down a little.

3 Likes

Can you remind me where that metal grate base that you have came from?

1 Like

It’s one of the sections of a dog crate, bought it when my german shepherd was a puppy and figured he’d grow into it but it was like a lions cage lol, took up way too much space but I’ve used the tray from it and these wall sections for different things over the years, might be 4x4, perfect for the tent tho, some bed risers from target and my aluminum roasting pans slide right under, it works, I’m able to get in there and burn one with them comfortably :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@J.Gro nice too c u still at it. i bought an oil filled heater. looks like a radiator. on low in keeps my 10x12 room at 67 during lights out. they are the safest option ive found. dies look a little nippy in there

5 Likes

All moved in! The veg tent is officially closed for the season, I’ve gotta wash it out tomorrow, I’ve been misting them in there with my sauce in the dark and now the whole basement smells like a barn lol

8 Likes

So I did something the other night…

Mixed it with my ph’d ACV water + recharge.

Love my new 2gal sprayer btw! Gonna be so handy for outdoor use this summer with leftover foliar teas and such, can’t wait! Yesterday it broke 60° here and now it’s snowing already have 3” :desert_island::snowman_with_snow::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Updated tent pic, still growing on, cold definitely causes slow growth and funky colors, there’s 4 blue dreams, 3 sunset sherbets and 2 cherry pies in there. If you remember, the 3 SS’s are the 3 sections of a topped clone, one had the gnarly barnacle roots on the trunk, anyway they’re the grandbabies of my Oct’21 BOM win, so they’re special, last of that plant since I didn’t keep the veg tent going. And that little one propped up on the bucket, that’s the top of the cherry pie that’s in the back row with the colors , the little top is a freaking bush, I’ll post some more pics of its stoutness lol. Keeping up with feedings and top dressed with worm castings the other day, working in the cal mag zinc vitamin every other water and alternating with recharge. Aloes and my butterfly bush clone are growing well, happier with their growth actually lol, it’s winter so happy to have anything green around! Let’s see what else is going on, cracked my forehead on the hlg last night, that hurt, and I don’t like yelling around my plants! Hahaha . Everything else is good, made 50 choc chip cookies with the canna oil the other day, got a few friends with bdays coming up and those always bring smiles :cookie::yum:

3 Likes

The cherry pie, and her top, I’m kinda scared to thin it out lol, not sure what’s growing in there lol

2 Likes

And my aloes really came around after a little of that tea I gave them, they had a sip of recharge and a dash of fish bone meal the other day too they seem to like that, noticed the newest center shoot grew an inch overnight @Arrow

3 Likes

Here comes you favorite time of season .

1 Like

@yoshi omg I forgot to mention… I made that little heater thing you posted about, with the Cisco candle and pot and stuff, and it really works, I haven’t tested it in the tent yet because I was going to poke some holes in the piping, just not sure where to put them because I don’t want to have light leaking, I tried 2 candles with the arch and one side burns out, not enough oxygen hence the holes I need to make, but I ended up sawing it in half and making a candy cane shape, I still have to test it in the dark to see if it’s enough of a curve to stop any light but that should solve the lack of oxygen. Used soup cans for the crisco candles, first time I’ve ever bought crisco, but it does make heat! Got it up to over 116° but my arm got tired of holding the thermometer to the pipe so not sure how hot it actually gets hahaha

3 Likes

outstanding… :ok_hand: :star_struck:…you can neaten them up by cutting/harvesting the bottom rows…blitz the fillets, mix into water and if you have kelp or yucca on hand, add that into the mix…feed this to your plants… :wink: :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

@J.Gro you know i am your biggest fan !

2 Likes

How does the Cal-Mag-Zinc pills help the plants,I see you crush them? How much? Thanks @J.Gro

1 Like

omg i was going to try that. but i only had one pot. put a straw (metal re-usable one) and slide it in along the tube to allow air.

1 Like

I add one pulverized vitamin to a gallon and a half of water, only done 2 watering with the vitamin, so not sure how well it’s helped so far but it doesn’t look like it’s hurt them at all, I was using Epsom salt in water but that’s only mag and no cal so I wanted to try the vitamin for a little experiment, you guys know me, I like to play mad scientist :joy:

2 Likes

Looking great

1 Like