It’s Mom’s basement now!

This is my sauce, this is what I’m cooking with! I’m with Coast of Maine all the way, love their stuff, all organic, I’m not worried about bad stuff or flavor in my pot, I’ve been using it outside the last few years and had awesome flavor and aroma with the strains I grew (AK47, Master Kush, Gorrila Breath, Dark star, Mother of Berry) just using the Stonington blend with the lobster, and fish bone meal but this year for the indoor adventure I went all in and basically bought everything they offer so I can’t wait to brew some teas, I love making concoctions! I’ll keep you guys posted on that for sure!

11 Likes

@Kilgoretrout @repins12 @Xtrafa Thank you guys! It’s working, we’re growin! Keeping it warm. and @MadamCalamity for teaching me how to tag lol :kissing_heart: Excited to be growing with everyone here on the forum

10 Likes

and guess what, the day after transplant I got my first nodes!

8 Likes

Last night I rearranged my plastic shelves that are holding the girls, playing plant tent Tetris is a little different than just sliding my buckets easily into the sun on the deck so I got rid of the stadium seating and made it one level, zip tied it together and slid a turkey toaster underneath, it’s perfect! For now I guess, I’m sure I’ll be f’ing with it tomorrow!
And here we are, this morning had my first 5 finger leaves! :raised_hands:t3:

12 Likes

Ain’t nothing wrong with a girl cave!!
Nice setup.

9 Likes

Warm and wet is absolutely the way to go. Things are looking really good, nice job!

5 Likes

Let’s see how this plays out

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s a work in progress! Hopefully some of you guys will chime in and help me with some humidity issues.
I added a second clip fan to the tent with a bottom vent open, I had only one going with all vents closed but as they’re growing so is the humidity level, so tent had been 74° with 80% humidity, but spiked to 90% humidity after I transplanted, that’s when I opened the vent and added the 2nd fan, so now we’re around 70° with 78% humidity lights on, but lights off it’s 65° and back up to 89% h. I’m getting a dehumidifier for the basement that will drain into my sump pump in the next day or two, and I’ve been thinking about a smaller unit I could put inside the tent, which may help increase the temp 5-10° as well but I need to pull the trigger on one of these AC infinity systems, been reading up so I know to buy more than I need so I can dial it back but what size should I get for the 3x3 that may get upgraded to a 4x4 one day, and what size for the gorilla 5x5, and can I or should I connect them with ducting? This fan/exhaust stuff is a little above my skill level so any recommendations or good YouTube videos I should watch are welcome!

5 Likes

Growing in basement can be tough to control humidity. You have the right idea though, try to bring down the entire basement. Having small one in tent doesn’t usually do too much with air exchange. You would likely be best suited spending a little extra on large unit that is reasonably efficient and does good job. I had off brand 50 pint forever and thought it did alright. Then ended up grabbing a 70 pint Frigidaire and is much better at pulling moisture.

11 Likes

Yep, I have that traditional New England cold damp basement. That’s why I was thinking the smaller unit inside the tent could do double duty as also a heater, even if it’s 5-10° That could be a game changer come winter.

6 Likes

Ok. I would take the area in red and build a little “Enclosed” “Insulated” room. You don’t need to dehumidify a whole basement, just the area you need.

8 Likes

Nice healthy looking plants.

3 Likes

Western Ma. Basement grower here :wave:. I run a 50 pint dehumidifier on continuous in my basement during the summer. It keeps my basement at about 40-50% Rh. I built a room out of one corner of the basement I run a 6” exhaust fan inside the room 24/7 with a 4” intake fan drawing air from the other part of the basement that I’m running the dehumidifier. This set up will keep me around 50-55% inside my room. During the winter humidity isn’t an issue as I’m usually running a heater to maintain temps and that drives the humidity way down.

10 Likes

Welcome nice setup for just diving in. Scorp diablo will be a great light i love mine. I did find that germing seeds is alot better and alot faster having heating pad under it to keep it warm the warmer the better it seems. Good luck. Ill be watching for sure. U might have my light lol.

4 Likes

HLG has a refurbished one right now for $999 awesome deal! Just not sure if the 5yr warranty would be better than $400 off, but I might snag that before it’s gone. Don’t tell anyone! :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Hell i was pushing for a 650r seen the diablo and mentioned it to my wife and she surprised me and bought it for me. Either way i would have been stoked. The scorp diablo.is pretty bad a$$ tho looks smooth as hell with the uva bars

10 Likes

So does mine!

She has her own catnip plant. But she sometimes just bites holes in fan leaves. lol!

20 Likes

Looking good fellow Mass grower!

4 Likes

Love the setup! Growing in the basement can suck with the humidity issues. My current perpetual grow is im a basement and temps and humidity are a constant battle even with 3 50 pint dehumidifiers on continuous and a ac unit in my flower tent and my house ac on 68. Its a battle but its worth it in the end. Your ladies look amazing keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Southern Mass/soon to be CT gardener here. I’m following along!

Cleanliness is like half the battle. You’re off to a great start.

6 Likes