It’s Mom’s basement now!

7 Likes

The hangers that clip on the end of the boards , you can double fold those to make them shorter , does this make sense ?
I get the feeling I’m not explaining this right and may have to take some kind of photo to give a description sort of , that will give you about 4 inches up or down from the Rachet hangers . Take the ones that holds the 4 corners of the quantum board right and fold them in half and the should make them half as long as they are extended , so they hang so low @J.Gro .

3 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, my concern is the metal rubbing on the cable and wearing it down. I used the extra hangers (which are shorter) they sent me for my 2 smaller lights, they are a few inches shorter but they are also lighter weight, not as heavy duty… I kept the longer ones attached as a fail safe, just Incase, for now. Maybe I’ll give HLG a cal tomorrow and see if they have shorter cables, and a better instruction manual. The product manual has no information about the dimmer, there seems to be no difference (that my eyes can tell) between half way and full blast. It’s bright tho!

2 Likes

Do u have 4 rachet straps for a light ? If so lose everything and use the rachet clips in the heatsink boards then u can go all the way up to where rachet maxes out or driver hits top of tent

3 Likes

Now that would work! I knew I bought that AC infinity multipack for a reason! Also, how do you attach yours to the actual tent frame? I’m worried my zip ties will give out how I have it now, but if the weight is dispersed x4 it should be ok right?

1 Like

Do the ends fit over the poles even if u have to pop the poles off slide 2 on then put poles back. Install then backwards tho with boxes at the light will b easier to move up and down for u. Am i making sense aboit backwards. And on the zip ties if u have too use thicker ones or use 2 or 3 per so its xtra protected :laughing:

1 Like

I like your first idea, since I have the straps still in there from the 2 little lights I’m gonna switch it over now, brb!

1 Like

There’s never a pocket level around when you need one! :roll_eyes::joy:

Found one!

This is perfect! Feels nice and sturdy. I’ll pick up some heavy duty zip ties to really secure it. Thanks, Mark! @Mark0427 Genius! :raised_hands:t3::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Whenever u get new lights and have wiring questions… always tag @dbrn32 he may not be woke yet. But that effer has forgotten more bout electronics then ill ever know. Talkd me thru every light build I got

5 Likes

C’mon man! Been up for hour and a half.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

This is how I’ve been hanging stuff that is too long. One ratchet strap per side and I can hoist the light all the way up to the driver. Face the ratcheting gear side out for easy height adjustment.

2 Likes

I might try that
Smrt thinking

2 Likes

12 Pack - 3" Aluminum Carabiner D Shape Buckle Pack, Keychain Clip, Spring Snap Key Chain Clip Hook Buckle Amazon.com

From tent pole

Bayyee Rope Hanger Hanging Basket Plant Holders for Indoor and Outdoor LED Grow Light Aquarium Lighting Tank Lamp, Stainless Steel (16’’ Black 1Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KLSSA8O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8AVHRZT8R1SZ3K0SS4FN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From carabiner to board

You’ll want to make sure the length of line is what you want, I swapped these out for 6” ones when I overhauled the room but these worked in the tents

Those carabiners are nice they clip right to the tent support poles on the top

3 Likes

Back from vacation, oh how I missed my plants! Only one clone didn’t survive without me, all the others are showing strong roots so I took all the domes off. Removed some fan leaves on the big girls. Started brewing a “flip tea” because I’m going to flip the lights this week!

Processing: E0ADCAF6-CCA8-4FFD-8C56-509936D17B3A.jpeg…

5 Likes

9 Likes

Moved these 2 pretty girls to the deck to make a little more branch room in the tent. It wasn’t an easy decision but I chose these 2 because they’re in bigger pots. My “flip sauce” still needs another day or 2 to bubble so just a little molasses water cocktail for their send off into the wilderness. Going to give them a little pest prevention spray as well. Amazing the color difference seeing them in natural light vs tent light, completely different shade of green.

7 Likes

Any electricians out there, I have questions :grimacing::electric_plug::electric_plug::electric_plug: @dbrn32 @PharmerBob @PurpNGold74 @Mark0427 @Watt-Sun
Can I plug a power strip into a power strip into a power strip, (yes 3) if they’re all heavy duty ones?
Everything in the 5x5 tent is plugged into a 2 row power strip (half on/half timer model) that strip is plugged into another power strip that is screwed into the rafters and that’s plugged into another strip which is bolted to the rafters and that’s plugged into a 2 outlet box that’s in the basement rafter. The electrical panel is 15+ ft to the tents but there isn’t another plug closer. (If pictures are better, because I don’t know watts/amps, any electrical lingo really, I can take pics and post)
I need to plug my 2 HLG 100s in somewhere with a new timer for the 3x3 tent so I can set the clones up and reset the 5x5 for flower. It’s getting real down in the basement! :seedling::seedling:
I appreciate any advice, thank you guys.

1 Like

Im no electrician, so I defer to the experts u tagged above. DB is my standout electrician lol. I call that guy about everything

But all that said, im pretty sure thats a nono. When i need distance. I get a heavy duty 1 plug extension. Then a surge to that, although im not sure thats ‘safe’ lol.

2 Likes