It’s getting a little chilly in Frog Hollow tonight

Hey guys, it could possibly get down into the high 30’s here tonight, Most likely 45ish,do I cover these girls up?

Ive got:
4 GG4’s
2 Unknown
1 Bubba Kush
1 24K

The Kush plant has seeds. You can see them, but I’m worried because I cut off an entire limb because I had one bud with the BR. I can’t even type it out. Who knows, I keep it away from the others and I’ve gone over it with a fine tooth comb everyday for the last two weeks. The plant wasn’t even supposed to be alive anyway, but it’s so freaking big.

@dbrn32
@Hellraiser
@Hotrod

2 Likes

Definitely wouldn’t hurt. As long as it doesn’t get past 38° I think they’ll survive.

2 Likes

Yes, covering wouldn’t hurt in case it does get colder than anticipated.

1 Like

Going to be rough couple weeks looking at forecast.

1 Like

I wonder if covering them and giving them complete darkness during a cold snap. Then not covering them and having light polution from street lights and nearby shopping centers would trigger anything?

I dont know if it help or not, but a difference in 12 hours!

Mind you, the thermometer is in the sun but dang!

2 Likes

Drop down to -1 Celsius (30.2 Fahrenheit) the other night and my plants survived. If you can cover them why not, they will be better off. My plants are 10 feet tall, I had no way of covering them.

1 Like

I did my best but I’ve read some anecdotal stuff about keeping the containers wrapped just as the soon as their not in the sun any longer. The idea is keep as much of the days heat contained as long as possible. Mine are on a deck and the wind blows right under them, which was great this summer because fabric containers dry out so quickly. Its too easy to not wrap them with a big towel.

I’m just trying to grind out the next four to six weeks. I’ve got two that I just flushed for the last time, and I’ve got that is easily four weeks behind everything else. What’s weird is it’s been the #1 of three GG4’s all summer and at 7ft it’s the tallest of them all, but it just quit developing buds for at least a month. I’m sure its operator error somewhere down the line.

I’m just praying the BR doesn’t rear it’s stinking rear again. Keep you’re fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2: for me.

A cheap way to keep plants warm during colder months is to construct a low ceiling hoop house out of just two 14-16 ft tall pieces of pvc and 4 2-3 ft rebars. Then just cover it with any plastic that will be thick enough to trap heat inside, and grab like 50 lbs of cow manure, throw it into a bunch of black plastic bags and set it outside in the sunlight till dusk. The manure in black bags will absorb and retain heat and keep your mini hoop house warm. Lower ceiling = less heat loss. Or just throw frost blankets over them?

1 Like

Any indoor location you could move them to?

High,
I had similar situation on Friday night here in Michigan. I covered mine and glad I did woke up Saturday morning to a pretty descent frost on cars et al. Can’t hurt to be prepared.
Ger

1 Like

Good, I mean if you’ve flushed and are close like I am on a couple of indica plants, but I’ve got at least four weeks left on the bulk of my grow.

So it’s an organic “shieater?” I like it. I’ve also had to take my leaf blower and blow the dew off every am to keep the moisture under control. Those Patton air circulators on low are great.

I’m a tightwad, I should’ve just purchased a big tarp for the pergola

Isn’t amazing how a home grow project
exposes the hard head in all of us disguised as DYI.
This was entirely too much work.

1 Like

Get painters plastic drop cloth. It’s cheap as hell

1 Like

Here in Vermont for the last several nights it has been dropping down to about 26 and 27. Tonight 30 is expected then a warming trend for the next 10 days. I have been using a Black contractor bag carefully slipping it over my White Widow plant. Once the sun hits the hill I have it planted on I remove the bag and let the sun do it’s thing. It’s been doing fine and though the growth has slowed a bit, I’m confident it will begin closing in on harvest time over the next 2 weeks. I had a Plushberry that was giving me about 20% amber so I let the frost hit it and then I harvested. It’s now trimmed up and drying. But White widow is my fav. Trichomes all milky with a few amber but it has a ways to go yet so doing my best to protect it on these cold nights. This is only my 2nd year but I’m learning a lot as I go. Great hobby with awesome benefits. :slight_smile:

2 Likes