It can't be that hard😡

Guys and gals I don’t know WHAT I can be doing SO WRONG!!!
Fastbud LSD-25 Auto germinated in glass of tap water with a couple drops of peroxide 24 hours or maybe a lill longer then into paper towels another 24 hours. Into solo cup with 40% perlite and 60 % FFHF. About a shot glass of 6.5 ph creek water. Agrobrite 32w CFL and a light breeze. 4 days old…dying☠

I have accused my wife of peeing on em…I mean this is my 3-4th attempt. The only thing left for me to do is order more seeds and some Promix BX or HP and try again…I guess?
@Eagles009 @Jackie_Daytona
@KoolHandLuke @Hellraiser
@pptrsha1 @Shaggy

Please tag others who might have advice :pleading_face:

1 Like

I doubt it’s the genetics of the seeds, but that is possible.
Myself, I’d say try cutting back on the watering. Leave it be and let it get dried out. That soil looks real wet. Are you watering every day?

5 Likes

Looks super wet you may be damping them off especially if your soaking them in water first. Also when watering seedlings you really only want to water minimal amount and towards outside of the cup to encourage root growth but if the medium is too wet they will dampen off instead of searching for water because there is too much available.

6 Likes

agreeing with the members, on overwater. Looks really wet. Seedlings that small get much of their water from the air as they’re establishing roots. Overwatering will result in slow and odd growth

3 Likes

I have only watered like once in 3 days and like 1 solo shot glass between both cups???

Still looks soaked. Assuming you’ve poked some drainage holes on the bottom. For solo cups I use a tack and punch a dozen holes down the sides as well to allow some air to get into the soil

2 Likes

Got 4 large holes in the bottom but I’ll punch some in the sides.

1 Like

Your medium needs to have nice drainage and be aerated as well. Otherwise the soil stays soaked and even starts growing mold and fungus.
I germ and straight into the 5 gallon pots. Then use my ph’d water in a ring around the seedling an inch or 2 out and slowly going farther out every watering.

3 Likes

Seedling Stage

lights 18/6 or 20/4 - photoperiod

• Seedlings and clones like high humidity levels of 65-85%
  • Reason: The root system is not established
  • High humidity levels allow water intake through leaves
  • Temperatures with lights on: 68-77 degrees (lights off: 4-5 degrees lower)
  • Clones and seedlings flourish with a heat mat.

Depending on soil you may not need to add any additives such as nutrients for several weeks

1 Like

Good advice on water from @shaggy - watering in a ring allows for the roots to continue to grow and pull the water from the soil nearby. Instead of soaking the stem area and the whole medium

1 Like

This would go against popular sentiment but I think you should plant in a larger container. Are you prewetting your soil before you plant. I like to plant in a minimum one gallon. Leave the bottom 6/8/10 whatever inches of your soil dry, straight out the bag. Wet the top 2-3 inches in the center. Then mix the top center with the top edges to spread that moisture around the whole top. Any water you add will be wicked away to the drier parts. Adding a little bit of water at a time, in fabric pots prepared like above I find it very hard to over water them. Lots of great growers here using solo cups it can be done, but I don’t have any specific advice for it.

2 Likes

Okay, the great debate is autos should be put into a forever pot. Ut others argue that doesnt matter. Solo cup it and put that into the medium. I do the forever pot myself. But honestly, it’s what you and your ladies prefer. Forget what we say. Lol. You do you. They’re still alive. So let them get some more air and light, less water. I bet they’ll shoot up!

1 Like

I tried germ then into 5 gallon fabric pots filled with FFOF, peat and perlite. TOO HOT, I guess and was told that it’s super easy to overwater in large pots so that’s why I went solo cup and Happyfrog.
I mean do I let them get…DRY☀️
not being a smart A, I’m just frustrated :triumph:

2 Likes

Look I heard the same thing about big pots, but people are assuming your gonna water the whole pot. This is not what I do, I water very little and I have so much pot to take such little water…how are they gonna get over-watered exactly? I use cheap walmart soil with no issues so far. Definitely not too hot and sustains for a couple weeks of veg in a five gallon

3 Likes

I get those large FFoF bags as well and amend it in a storage tub with worm casting and several pounds of top soil as well as some coco coir perlite, and whatever is in that shark stuff (mykos). This sits in the tub untouched in my hot garage for a few weeks. I agree that FFoF is hot Soil. One of the reasons I like it. Saves me from adding any nutes for the first month or more.

I use recharge, silica & a tea mixed in with water ph’d to 6.2 for the first several weeks. all throughout the seeding stage and the first few weeks in their final homes (I don’t step up, solo to final)

These are my plants today. They’re about 7 weeks total. 2 weeks in solo cups and now 5 weeks or so In their final destination and have only received one nutrient feedings

3 Likes

I used the ocean forest and 1 plant got a littleburnt, she got ate by a rat though I think, I transplanted another zkittle into it and I have an ak in it and they did fine as seedlings.
It’s all your preference and their preference. Get smart pots. Or cloth pots to help aerate your medium.
And when you water, as said a ring around it, that’s it. Not much. Then go back in a few days and do the same. They really only need a ton of water when they start hitting the veg stage. Seedling dont need much. I water and let them stay dry until I see a slight drool in the leaves, then water. A few hours later they’re happy as hell!
I get your frustration. We all get it man. Take a breather and smoke one. Then they again. Eventually you’ll get great at seedling stage, then this will happen again with something else. We all constantly learn. The fact that they’re alive still, shows you aren’t doing as bad as you feel like you are.

1 Like

The more I see and read the more im starting to believe solo cups and smaller starting pots in general really slow the growth of these plants. I’m flowering my first grow right now. Started in five gallons with cheap potting mix. Decent light nothing special going on. Dyna grow nutrients. Seven weeks from sprout.

4 Likes

@Eagles009 they look like about 3’ in flower .How did you keep them compact (are they auto’s)

I topped and or fimmed very early then tied down every shoot right as soon as they were long enough to bend anywhere. I found calyces at three and a half weeks so I flipped em. They are three and a half weeks since flip. No photo

2 Likes

I’m in my 10 week, one week into 12/12 .Supercropped a foot off of them and I’m still over 3’ before the strecth. Hoping I don’t double in size

1 Like