Issues with Autoflower seeds

Hey everyone,

Two weeks ago I put 6 autoflower seeds in a glass of water each. Within 3 days we had tap roots. So each was planted in a jiffy pellet. Another week later and there was no movement. So I burst them open and they were still alive but planted FAR too deep. I put them into a new pellet each. Since then one has grown and the rest have done nothing. Ive put a photo of the one shoot that has sprouted as it doesn’t look right to me.
This is my first time with autos so I’m wondering,is there anything I can do to check on the others, can I put straight into soil? And whats wrong with the one pictured? Thanks so much in advance for any help I feel like such an idiot :sweat_smile:

That looks like the root popping out of the pellet instead of the head of plant

3 Likes

I wouldnt use those pellets for germination they cause problems with the roots and here is a better way for u to germinate ur seeds without putting them in water ,get ur self make up removel pads just the cotton pads place a cotton pad on a plate spray it with water and place ur seed on the pad now place another pad on top and spray that pad and then cover the plate with plastic wrap and put some small holes in tje plastic wrap and put in a dark warm place with in 24-30 hours ur seeds will have popped then plant them into solo cups with ph promix soil mixed with worm castings

4 Likes

Those are pH problem traps, ditch them and use seed starting soil.

1 Like

You were right! I checked and the leaves were in the soil :frowning: have just turned him up the right way and put in the sunlight. Thank you! Will repot into a cup of soil mix tonight. Or would you recommend just straight into the final pot to reduce any more stress.

Thanks for your help!!

1 Like

Na put in a red solo cup for now

2 Likes

That’s what I do

4 Likes

Cheers, ill let you know how I get on. Can I just use a black nursery pot instead of the solo cup ? I don’t have any of those but have a tonne of nursery pots about the same size as one

1 Like

Those stunted my plants once. Roots couldn’t break thru material hardly. Removed and plant took off

Yah thats fine i hope it grows to be a monster

1 Like

I’ll repot as soon as I get three sets of leaves, hopefully roots won’t get bound in that time :slight_smile:

Your grow medium is far too wet and what you see is called damping off (aka root rot.)

Seedlings need very little water. A new seedling should not get more than a couple ml of water a day.

3 Likes

That is how I do it also.