Issues in ebb and flow please help

So up until 2 days ago everything was going fine. Now I have these clawing leaves. I hope it’s not an infestation. Please help.
Using jacks 321 just as I’m supposed to ph 5.8 ppm 1100

Thanks

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’m using a ph/ppm pen from local hydro store. Ebb and flow flooding every 2.5 hrs for 3o min in 4 in rock wool cubes. 12-12 light cycle. Weddingcake x guava dog swamp boys seed co

1 Like

Replied back to this adding additional info

I grew in expanded clay which let all the water drain back to the res. I don’t know about rockwool. Im curious to see the answer to your issue.
I’m wondering if the cubes need a little time to not be saturated.

@Tentnewby1983

From the tips, it looks like a bit too much nitrogen. I would also like to know what is you temps and humidity. That can make a lot of difference.

Fill out the Support Ticket so information is in one place please. Also a picture of the whole plant in white light would be helpful.

1 Like

72 deg 50% rh

That is good. Hang in there. My frined had a good suggestion too. If you need support, it is good idea to fill out the support ticket. I think you will be OK. As the plant gets bigger it will be able to take up more nutrients. Happy growing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower 3.5 weeks into flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF. Ebb and flow table in 4 inch rock wool
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots rock wool
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable 1100 ppm 5.8 ph
-Method used to measure PH and TDS pen I got from local hydro store
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space 8x8 tent
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other 600w Hps
-Actual wattage draw of lights 600 w
-Current Light Schedule 12/12
-Temps; Day, Night day 75-76 deg far 50% rh
-Humidity; Day, Night 68 deg far 50% rh
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 10 in hyper fan
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, humidifier
-Co2; Yes, No No co2

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

I’m sorry swamp boy seed co wedding cake x guava dog

Does this occur all day, or just when you turn the lights on?

Have you got storage solution for your pens. We have to make sure the electrodes in the pen are kept moist. Otherwise, they can malfunction.

It is real important to make sure you pens are calibrated. I have never had tons of issue, but I buy high end PH, tds, ec, rh meters, and all with replaceable electrodes. It is less expensive in the end.

Happy growing.

Last thing I could possibly think of as a connercial hydro gorwer, is the RH. When leaves dropp, they are ither overwated, or hunidity is too high. I owuld advise that somehow you get it down to 40% if possible.

There is no doubt oyu have added plenty of nitrogen due to the dark coloe of the leaves.

I think I missed what nutrients you are using at 1000 ppm.

Rockwool needs to be flushed every couple seeks or so in order ot maintian a balance of nutrients. Otherwise they store unused nutrients that cause issues. i.e. (burning the roots zone).

In abb adn flow we tent to flush less due to the ever moving solution, but, the medium that you srt your rockwoll in can contain buildups. Even thought a plant will only take up nutrients it needs, it can also sustain root damage from a build up of slats which can also give you a false PH or even tds reading.

Hope this helsp.

1 Like

Yes sir I’m running 1100 or so ppm. I’m at the conclusion it has nute stores up in the rock wool. My next question is if I flush good should this resolve itself or is it to late? Omg I’m ready for my current culture. Lol. Here’s a pic I just got as I’m feeding my soil before lights on

All day