Issue with thin, dry stalks

Me either on the outside grows. My neighbors would steal it lol.

I have done it with autos, starting them in larger size containers, then outdoors and repotted for vegetative/flowering burst.

hey Baz I’m growing in all purpose potting mix from Bunnings , the brand is is “oscote” also I have a few pictures of my plants which are now completely dried up in the stalks and starting to die

Hi there phill, what do you mean by doomed ? In regards to that question I plant my seeds after germinating and then put them straight outside in the sun which is about 4 hours direct sun a day

Oh, ok. I had a lot of problems my first grow with not being able to source cannabis-friendly soil sold locally (before I discovered Canna Terra Professional soil), so I ended up switching to Coco. Also had problems with pests outdoors, so now growing indoors with LEDs with much better results. Hope someone can assist you here.

1 Like

Indoor or outside, you want to keep a clear plastic cover (like a clear solo cup or a 2 liter soda bottle cut in half) over your seedlings until they develop a root system. A plant dome.

It’s not 100% necessary BUT it greatly increases the chances of the plant growing and prevents issues like you stated in this thread. Tiny seedlings can’t absorb water because they haven’t developed a root system. Spraying the inside of the clear dome twice a day with water will give those seedlings all the water they need for the first 7-10 days. It would also eliminate the dry stalk issue you’re having. Make sure the soil they are in is just damp so when its time for water uptake they have moisture available.

1 Like

I’ve been reading a lot of comments that say that the soil can be a major factor so I think I’ll try a coco mix and see how it goes

1 Like

If your starting in bad soil you already have checks against you and your grow will already be under 100%