Issue, please help

Oh, okay. The soil now comes in it’s own separate bag and there are 2 bricks of coco. There are other things as well (Diatomaceous earth, some other micro nutrients, etc.) and you mix it all together yourself and then let it sit for a week or so.

1 Like

Interesting, sounds like a complete organic set up with the week of medium cooking. Did they give me any other instructions on feeding/watering and or nutrients needed? I know a few organic growers here that cook their soils for a week, no chemical nutrients or run off. That could be a game changer?? Tagging my Bro @MeEasy for some guidance on this… out of my wheel house since I’m a coco and nutrient dude :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what it is sold as, an organic grow. It was nice when I was scared of adding nutes, but I think I am ready to start trying that so I have a couple this time around that are just FFHF and perlite mix. So in that situation, should I still water to runoff?

1 Like

Sorry, that was not very clear. I meant in the situation with my organic grow, not the FFHF/perlite mix. I am assuming that should be watered to runoff like we had discussed.

The FFOF is a good soil and yes water only for 5-6 weeks and to run off. The FF mediums Ocean Forrest and Happy Frog are their soil mediums and coco loco is more of a coco blend. All 3 are amended with NPK, microbes as in bacteria and fungi. These mediums are cannabis friendly and will take you to the 1st week of flower (4-6 weeks) using PHd water only. I use the coco loco a lot and mix it with the FF cultivation.nation 70/30 coco and perlite blend due to the hours I work. I also will use coco bricks reconstituted with jacks 321 nutrient line and add recharge which supplies the bacteria and fungi :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Not to derail this, but what would you say is the beginning of the veg stage, I have read different opinions, but haven’t seen a real consensus

1 Like

Fair question.

Watering to run off on an all organic grow from what I understand is not recommended for the reason of washing away those needed microbes that are in the living soil?? Hopefully MeEasy will chime in, he grows exclusively using organic methods :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That is a good question! I consider the day I transplant from the solo cup to the forever home. So for me it’s 12 days as a seedling and the 1st day of veg is transplant day

1 Like

That would be what your logic says. However, some times logic doesn’t stand a chance when growing ganj!

1 Like

I guess, at the end of the day, is she salvageable? I am assuming I have not done anything to have ended her short existence, correct? I know autos have that quick life cycle, so I am hoping I have not down any irreparable damage.

1 Like

I think you’re ok

2 Likes

Hi there! I just finished up a plant in a P4P last in January, and it went extremely well. (She won Plant of the Month over there.)

I took advice from Hellraiser when I failed of my first seed, which was in a super soil.

The P4P if set up as directed needs no nutes for a while. (I added Recharge and Mykos, but they are microbes, not nutes.) It should be treated more like soil since the bottom is pretty heavy. I started using flowering nutes once she started blooming. She did that at 16 days old - super early - and I always went 1/4 or a bit more on the recommendations. The ONE time I gave actual “fertilizer” she got tip burn w/in 24 hours, ouch!

I weighed my plant every day. I always waited until she was very dry before I watered again, which was what he advised.

Don’t water every day, not even a baby, which your girl is not. The bottom of the pot is holding tons of moisture.

I used a moisture meter to back up the weighing. But the weight was the determiner, not the meter.

You can check out my forum threads plus I journaled every step of the way, if that helps.

Good luck with your grow!

2 Likes

You’re in great shape

1 Like

That logic is shared by many on here besides myself :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will definitely look into your journals.

1 Like

Question on the layering of coco and super soil. Is this recommended in the grow kit instruction? Seems to me mixing the 2 medias would be a better option. What are the percent ratios of the coco to the super soils?

1 Like

Yes, they tell you to put the “superb soil” (their name) at the bottom - it’s about 1/3 of the pot, then 2 bricks of coco and a brown paper lunchbag sized bag of perlite. You mix those two with the microbes and diatomaceous earth and put that on top, and let it cook a week or two. The soil at the bottom gets pretty damp from the load of coco on top (this is the 5 gallon) and holds water for quite a while.

They say you do not need to pH, though I did to 6.5 through my grow and am doing so now for my plants that are in P4Ps. I did start adding Recharge, and used extra Mykos when I transplanted my plant from the solo cup.

I used some Sugar Daddy, which is sugar and Epsom salts, a bit of MagiCal, and a blossom booster - Awesome Blossoms. She didn’t need any NPK, I burned her a touch using it. At 1/2 strength.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are a lot more adventurous than me. My first grow I was just trying to get at least an ounce of useable tweed. :joy:

1 Like

That was exactly my goal, one oz. I doubled that.

I had some of the stuff b/c I bought a nute kit before my plant was growing. Since then, I pared it down a bit to mostly just using microbes, which is easy.

P4P is a good kit, you should have decent results. My girl was a shrimp, but cannot complain about how she turned out at all.

I spent a ton of time overthinking things. First, don’t overwater. Second, use DLI to measure your light. Third, try to relax a bit and watch her closely.

This coming from someone who fussed every second. I’m not doing it on the second grow! :wink:

1 Like