Issue, please help

To be honest, I’m not a fan of any kit or pre-charged medium or supersoil at all. I prefer to give them what they need along the way rather than trying to adjust or amend a medium that was supposed to have everything but missed the mark by a bit.

But saying that, I have seen people get some great results with all sorts of grow methods . . . find what works for you and get it dialed in.

Feeding them daily (in my opinion) allows you more control and ability to catch and correct any nute excess/deficiency. Soilless find a good nutrient program and feed/water daily and you know what your plants are getting . . . no guesswork, I feed multiple times a day to 20% runoff so all the old leftovers from yesterday are gone DTW. So more guesswork in a soil grow really . . . you may know what you started with but you still have to figure out what to add when.

Biggest problem I have is stupid mistakes . . . record keeping or setting a timer wrong. I forgot to log correct flower date last grow and was 10 days late starting proper bloom nutes and harvest suffered about 20-30% because I wrote 30th instead of 20th as day 1 flower. I almost killed a nice blueberry a coupe days ago by forgetting to set pump timer back to auto when adding feedings.

3 Likes

Coco will give you that control. I used the pot 4 pot medium on my first grow and ran it like coco with daily feeding to run off. Nutrients added at week 4 after a run sample was tested for PPMS :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Well, then apparently I am WAY under watering. I will take this new info and apply it. I will post pics when I see some results. Thank you guys very much!

1 Like

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: that’s how it’s done :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@frogyrogy I know this is going to sound super noob, but I don’t know what that means, “20% runoff.” I obviously know what runoff is but where does the 20% come in?

1 Like

I consider the run off percentages by the pot size and amount going in. Once you begin frequent fertigation the run off will be easier. I normally judge run off when I know a good amount or enough that would fill a couple of solo cups… no science to it :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

If I feed 100ml I should get 20ml in runoff . . . 20% of whatever amount of nutrient/water that you add should drain/runoff.

1 Like

hahaha I feel kind of like a dumb dumb for not knowing this and having already done a grow. I pretty much just admitted to not having watered my plants enough the entire first grow. Maybe I don’t want the control. :slight_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Never feel that way! I’m still learning new tricks everyday. I’ve grown in all the mediums and settle on coco for control and the ability to feed daily. Run off being crucial to wash away the unused nutrients. You’re set now and ready to kill it :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Well, that brings up another question. Do I have to be careful with runoff currently since I am growing with the half coco/half living soil mixture from A Pot For Pot?

Never mind. So you just did it like normal even with that mixture? And it was a pretty good yield for you?

And I am assuming I need to dump the runoff? I don’t think that has ever been an issue for me, so now I am wondering if I have ever watered them correctly. That is actually encouraging because, like I said, I had a half way decent yield last time. If I was actually watering it imagine how much I would have grown! :joy:

Did you mix the Pot 4 pot as it came or added coco? Where is the living soil coming from? If it’s from pot for pot it’s basically amended with fungi and bacteria… essential microbes. Regardless, yes to run off. I say this because you’ll need nutrients around week 4 and definitely want to feed to run off :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I don’t think you are under watering. I don’t plan on watering till runoff until my plant is in veg at least

His plant is in veg :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

A lot of variables will determine yield size. Pot size, genetics, lighting, conditioning, medium and nutrients. I grow in 3 gallon pots and finished a grow in December with 2 sour Diesels autos at 8.25 and 9.3 ounces each

3 Likes

My Pot for Pot came with bricks of coco. Did yours not?

Or did you just buy the bag of Superb Soil?

2 years ago the pot 4 pot medium came in 1 bag and predominately coco.

1 Like

Just coco and the so mix it coco only?