Issue, please help

So this one is about 16 days old. I noticed these spots on it yesterday and I am not sure what it is. One of the other plants is drooping as well. They are both in 5 gallon fabric pots with coco and super soil. I water about a cup and a half every other day.

2 Likes

In case you could not tell where I was talking about, i know it’s pretty bright in my tent.

1 Like

12oz every other day? Mine are about the same age and I’m giving them 6oz a day so about the same amount of water. Maybe it doesn’t like all that water at once?

1 Like

Coco and super soil? What ratio is the mixture and could be an issue with mixing 2 different mediums? At this age they should be getting nutrients around 500 PPMs, PH for coco is 5.6-6.0 and soil is 6.5-6.9ish. The PHs are essential for the different micro and macro nutrient uptake ranges and mixing the 2 mediums may cause issue :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

I would agree if the medium was soil only but coco can be watered daily. Both should be watered or fed to about 10-20% run off :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This is a Pot for Pot kit. I used them last time for good results so I am not sure that has anything to do with my current issues. However, I am also doing two plants this grow that are FFHF and perlite that I will be adding my own nutes to later on. Got to learn how to swim some time, eh?

1 Like

I may be wrong about the terminology. Apparently, the logic behind it is to keep the super soil on the bottom half of the pot. By the time the plant has gotten into the veg stage the roots have reached the nutrients in the super soil and you have an organic grow. I am not sure of the horticultural side of things as far as purpose of coco rather than soil, but the set up does seem to work pretty well. I yielded about 7 oz dry off of three last year, which I did not feel was too bad considering my first grow and not having the best grow conditions.

3 Likes

I agree but he is watering every other day. From what I’ve read seedlings like smaller amounts daily.

2 Likes

Good deal on the pot 4 pot. That’s more of a coco blend and actually good stuff. That medium will last you roughly 4-5 weeks with PH’d water only at 5.7-6.0 and to run off. The run off is important so that any excess soils or salts are washed away to prevent a build up in the root zone locking out nutrient uptake. The FFOF is also a good soil medium and PH water for roughly the same 5-6 weeks :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I am not sure. It starts looking super dry so I water it. haha I was wondering if I was over watering.

Those ladies are passed the seedling stage by a few days and the roots are feeding her now at 16 days above ground :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

No, you should be watering more frequently :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yes, the amount sounds right. I would just take the 12oz you are doing every other day and try 6oz a day see if you notice any changes

1 Like

Good luck and grow forward :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well, and that was my other thought, maybe I am underwatering. I know that the symptoms of both can be fairly similar, so I didn’t want to go way too far the wrong way. However, this morning before I left the house I fed them a fairly decent amount. I will report back after I get home here in a few hours.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the prompt responses!

1 Like

I was just thinking about this. Wouldn’t it be damned near impossible to over water my fabric pots? They are actually designed to not do this, correct?

1 Like

Those fabric pots provide excellent drainage but you can overwater using them. Watering has to be correct for your medium first . . . coco on top (feed/water multiple times daily) and a soil (feed water every few days) in the lower half may work great. I grow 70/30 coco & perlite so I’m just thinking out loud.

However, when you stop and think, the coco should dry faster than the soil, and the soil being in the lower (wetter) portion of the pot will stay wet longer and may not be getting the dry back you want in a soil medium.

I think what I’m saying/asking is how do you keep a top layer of coco adequately watered without overwatering a layer of soil beneath it since both medium have different watering requirements?

3 Likes

I don’t know! That has been my concern every grow with the Pot for Pot kits. It does, however, take a lot of the guess work out, such as nutrients, but to be honest the more I learn the more I want the guess work. I think those kits are fine for beginners but now I want the control so I know that I am not going to mess something up unless I do it myself. I don’t know.

1 Like

They did work good my first grow, but I feel like my autos from last grow could have produced more. None of them got above 20" and that seems pretty small. Maybe I’m wrong. It was Banana Kush (which was about 20"), Blue Dream (which was super little, like 15"), and GSC (which was about 17"). I thought BK would have been the smallest, since it is supposed to be squat and bushy.