Is Vaping Weed Is Healthier Than Smoking?

A big factor is whats in your stomach. A small fatty meal before increases the effect for me anyway (fat soluble) 1st thing on an empty stomach is far less effective and as I use for daily medication I am very particular.
Your metabolism is what dictates speed of absorption for me 90mins on the dot. YMMV

2 Likes

You can add lectin to your coconut oil and it will absorb much better!

1 Like

My wife found lecithin capsules which we take at dinner. Edible 2 hours later

1 Like

Wait I thought you mix yours in?
I havenā€™t made oil yet, I dono if I want to or if I want to hold out and rosin press everything followed by making oil after I press it lol.
So. Iā€™ll probably hold onto everything until. The rosin press is here.

Yeah, WHEN I REMEMBER (stoner memory lol)

1 Like

@Nicky At what humidity do you vape with your Volcano? My son says to dry the bud out moreā€¦Iā€™m at 58% - 60%ā€¦ then grind, let it sit on a plate for an hour or so, them fill chamber and run it. Does it actually need to be drier than if we smoke it?

Thanks broā€¦

1 Like

BeeKeeper2-
@Enlightened420 makes capsules out of the used vape material. I know this is 3 months after your post. But I saw it and thought I would let you know someone that did that. Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

No it doesnā€™t and you donā€™t want it to be. As the bud dries it looses terpenes that you could be enjoying. 62% straight into the volcano.

Now I boost it to 65-70 and I press it in a rosin press then toss it in my dab pen.

1 Like

Nicky is right IP54- whether you are vaping or smoking, 62% is the general preference for your buds to be at. Thatā€™s why Boveda makes a 62% pack to help keep your buds at the right humidity. They do make other % packs, but those are primarily used for cigar storage. Your son has apparently gotten some bad intel on bud storage and humidity. I keep little hygrometers in my Mason jars to ensure they are at 62%. Good luck and enjoy it! Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Nicky-
Hey I just wanted to say I feel for you with your lung issue. I had a rare cancer when I was 20 that they hadnā€™t seen before at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda Maryland. I was a ā€œguinea pigā€ for an experimental treatment protocol. So if you need anything I will do whatever I can to help. I would give you one of my lungs, but they wouldnā€™t accept it due to my history and bone marrow transplant. Keep on keeping on man. Holler if there is anything I can do to help. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

@Nicky @patchman Thank you both for the info. As a long time cigar smoker, I live humidity levels every day as I long term store a 5,000+ cigar collection. While mostly active humification, the concept is the same. I only use Boveda packs in my travel humidor (65%) and in my dry box (58%). I always store my bud in jars and monitor as I do my cigarsā€¦just at a lower RH. Happy to hear from you both that Iā€™m on the correct path humidity-wiseā€¦Iā€™ll give it a try tonight.

Thank you both very much!!!

1 Like

Holy fk thatā€™s alot of cigars! Lol

@patchman thank you sir. Iā€™m thankfully in a country with free healthcare, so I get decent care itā€™s just not something predictable or curable.

1 Like

Nicky-
Well if its not curable are you on a waiting list for a transplant? Or do you have to get to a certain stage before they will do a transplant. I wish you luck and success in dealing with that. Youā€™ll be in my prayers for sure. Peaceā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m in contact with the transplant team yes but lung transplants can be short lived, itā€™s abiut 50/50 after 10 years.
Itā€™s not just transplant and your good. So if my condition worsens then Iā€™ll be considered but Iā€™m just slowing going through the process now so Iā€™m ready for that if I choose down the road.

3 Likes