Is UV light necessary to change CBD to THC?

I’m not having problems using a green-house…i was trying to rationalize whether or not to use one at all or not and WHY !!! Thanks for the tips, though .

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Willy…i AGREE

1 Like

Thank much, 32.

1 Like

i agree with you here too, thanks.

1 Like

thanks dbrn32…!!!

1 Like

Can’t make up my mind …Ha!

@dbrn32… out of curiosity… has your stance changed in regards to uv? I was really considering the hlg uv add on to my 650s? I’ve come to accept you as the “god of lighting” so I’m only gonna pull the trigger if you see any upside? Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Not really, in terms of that light will do anything quantifiably better than same light in 400-420nm violet, or possibly even royal blues. I think playing shorter non uv wavelengths would provide similar results.

I am tinkering with a fixture that has some 380nm in it now, but I would have to update later.

4 Likes

Please keep me posted!! Thank you for the response… was waiting to go to the hydro shop.

3 Likes

Probably gonna be couple months before any of what I have going is sampled. I just flipped it couple weeks ago

3 Likes

That’s fine with me. I’ll do this run and maybe purchase one before the next for comparison.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser @dbrn32
Tried the hlg uv bar with my lights. Don’t think I can run it with the 650r. Kept popping breaker(s) with more than enough amps available😪

Did it trip when trying to start them both at same time?

Yes. It was supposed to be a simple in line plug in. Everytime I plugged it in…or set the timer to go on… it popped. I have 2 dedicated 20 amp breakers just for the setup. Thoughts?

You have the drivers for each on different circuits? I was thinking maybe you had both on same circuit and the inrush current was too high with both drivers starting ar same time. But that wouldn’t be an issue if they are on different circuits.

I have both 650s going into a timer. They are 5.3 amps max… round it to 11… the uv (30 watts) being added will trip a 20amp?

I’m surprised you can start both 650’s to be honest. It’s not total current when running, they all pull substantially more current on startup

1 Like

For a while I was doing those plus a 18inch oscillating fan…an infinity t6 6 inch exhaust fan with a 6x24 filter.

The two fans don’t really draw anything for power though. All you need to do is get them on different circuits, or get a controller that will function as soft start. You may be able to get by running them from different timers and staggering start times a little too