Is this to cold for a outdoor grow?

Got a few plants outdoors still in a greenhouse didint know it was gon take this long burly on 2nd week of flowering coming up on the 3rd and im using this lil heater

1 Like

Yeah that is cold. I don’t like temps under 65 degrees.

1 Like

what you recommend? i can only put tha small as heater

Is that a daytime temp or overnight low? Because if that’s a daytime temp and she still has 3 or 4 weeks to go, you’re gonna need more heat.

1 Like

no thats night time, day time is around 70F its getting cold here in cali

Should be okay in that range. Not optimum, but not horrible, but much cooler and you’ll probably need to add more heat. Propane bottle topper heaters put out of a lot of heat and have the added benefit of CO² production.

2 Likes

ima look into a bigger heater

1 Like

Night time temperature isn’t great. Get yourself a black water butt and fill it with water. Keep the butt and your plant close. Daytime heat frim the sun will heat the water up and it should act like a thermal battery for night time. Not much bit might be enough to raise your temperature that little bit

2 Likes

I’ve grown mainly outdoors so far, that will change soon tho…
But I will tell u, they will survive at night temps as low as 50f, but they won’t thrive. My experience so far is with autos, maybe I’m lucky with the genetics I picked, but my plants did ok at night with the cold, the ones that were suffering I brought inside at night.
I have a friend that had his afghan kush plants get snowed on, no green house nothing, and we smoked his harvest last February and it was surprisingly good. We came to the conclusion that his kush plants had the genes to handle the cold well

1 Like

I’m an outdoor grower. Where I’m at, come harvest time my night temps are in the 40’s and day temps 70’s. My plants do fine with that but I’m growing landrace hybrids. YMMV depending on what strain you’re growing.

1 Like

Why not just reverse the light cycle? Have them come on at night, to keep them warmer?

3 Likes

i got around 40 in the greenhouse their burly on week 2 coming to week 3 in like 1-2 days. im gon buy a lil bigger heater nd cover the edges where the cold can come in thru

my day temps atm are 79F and night time 50F with 50-55 humidity