Is this TMV Tobacco Mosaic virus?

Hello,

I’ve been following the given tables and used pre-flower for the 2 first weeks of flower and then went to “flower” in week 3. Maybe I should cut back? I did a flush half way into veg when I hade problems the first time, do you think it is ok to do another now in flower? How do you check pH of the soil/perlite mix? The pH in the reservoir and the trays is 5,9

Thanks @Bogleg! I really hope it’s not the virus. Hade my nightly temps down to low 60 Fahrenheit and have put in a heater to compensate. I was told that this temperature dif could cause the red stems and also that the plants would not use up their nuts when to cold. I will also run my off-air out of the grow room to get humidity and temps down during the day. I added a fresh vent valve to the tent drawing fresh air from outside the grow room. This air is maybe to cool during the night though. Maybe if I run my off-air outside I can take my fresh air from within the grow room at a better temp all the time.

Ran my off-air outside the growroom today and installed a live Camera. My humidity is 52% but temps are between 26 and 28. 3 out 4 plants are looking ok but the forth is looking worse. I can however see that my best plant is looking more yellow in lower region as well. I took the plant that looks worst out of the tray today to see if it is overwatered.
Suggestion? Should I do a flush?

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 could you take a look?

1 Like

I’m assuming the trays are runoff? That is the pH your plants are in, but that only makes sense because that’s what your constantly putting in.

Sounds like a lockout on the acidic side. Get your reservoir to 6.5 and flush those girls. They will probably then continue to droop until they dry out again.

@Oldstoner @USMCJoJo @Txgrowman @Stomper @Countryboyjvd1971 @Bogleg @Hogmaster @Budbrother @TDubWilly @peachfuzz

4 Likes

Lights been off for 2 hours now and humidity went up to 65% and temp droped to 21.7 c. This feels ok, right?

1 Like

in 2 days she turns almost dead! After and before pic. Today is the 3rd day and all leaves droped.

Anyone? @Bogleg @Countryboyjvd1971 @FloridaSon

She has been off water for 24 hours soon trying to rule out overwatering. Maybe a flush is the way to go. Then maybe adjust my reservoir ph up to 6,2 again? I’m losing her…

This is what I would do if it were my plant:

1. I would flush it until my run-off ppms matched (or were close) to the ppms of the water I’m flushing with - I would probably use a flushing agent on top of that like Florakleen. I would do this at a PH of 6.5 and keep doing it until my run-off PPM is 6.5ish.

2. I would then water to run-off with a mild nutrient solution (for plants your size I would personally do around 400-500 ppms). I would do this also at a PH of 6.5.

And then I would wait and pray to Shiva.

My caveat:

I am primarily a hydro grower. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Performed Royal Flush! I ran a total of 50 liters of water through the pot. I used pH 6,2 water and the first run-off read 6,8…?? The second 6,6 and the final flush gave a reading of 6,4. In the last 2 flushes I used 3% elektrolized water (anolythe) to be sure all bakteria was flushed out. I put her back with the others, not in water. I’ll let her dry out before putting in her tray. It’s time to fill up the resorvoir. Should I adjust my pH to 6,2?

She is in a soil mix, isn’t she? PH of 6.5 then would be better, I think.

1 Like

@Bogleg
Yes, I’m using a 70/30 mix of soil and perlite. I was confused in the biginning if I was concidered a hydroponic grower or soil when using autopots. I guess you would vall it bottomfeeding soilgrower, right? Anyway some said I should be at 5,7-6,0 and some say 6,2-6,7… I’m going to adjust to the latter. I am confused though to why my pH in the trays have been 5,9 as well as the resorvoir but the run-off was 6,8?

Well, I’m no chemist or biologist or anything, but how I would figure it is… the soil has salts in it, and normally as we water plants, those salts get either washed out or dissolved and taken up by the roots. In a bottom feeding soil system, the soil itself doesn’t really get “used up”, since the roots are taking up nutrients from the water tray… however, I would have to assume as the plant grew the roots went through the soil, the soil has SOME moisture in it, so the plant can still take up nutes from it, I would think…

I dunno, need an autopot expert I think…

2 Likes

Has TMV ever been shown to affect cannabis plants? I know we can all google and see supposed pictures, but all the studies I’ve seen seem to say that TMV doesn’t affect marijuana.

Has it ever been confirmed, so a myth may be put to rest once and for all?

3 Likes

I am looking at a small paragragh or 2 about tmv in my bible , but as you said are there any documented cases.? Best thing I ever did was to get off the ciggies.

1 Like

From what I gather - and from what Niala has said in the past - there are no scientifically proven cases of TMV in cannabis plants. However, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence suggesting they might be susceptible to it.

Hello,

I bought a TDS device to measure the PPM. It had a few different values to read. Which is the important one? Also I could choose between 0,5 and 0,7 scale. Which do I use? Is this depending on the kinds of nuts I buy?

Thanks

1 Like