Is this the same as recharge?

This was recommended to me and ive been using it since I began.
Mycorrhizal Fungi Root Enhancer for Plants - Bigger, Stronger, Healthier Roots, Use In Soil and Hydroponics - Super 20X Concentrated Mycorrhizae Inoculant Strain - Trifecta Myco Supreme (57 Grams / 2 OZ) https://a.co/d/28HSd7N
I see many people using recharge and was wondering is this a different brand of the same thing or something totally different? Im going to use organic nutrients next grow and want a good healthy microbe soil. I currently use ffof soil.

They are different. Mykos is a fungus that works to enhance your roots. Recharge is a microbe supplement that adds good bacteria to your soil. The bacteria consumes nutrients and poops out those nutrients in a form that is more bioavailable to the plant. Many growers (self included) use both mycos and microbes together.

5 Likes

Ok thank you. I need to get me some recharge then. Is the fox farm ocean forest a good soil mix for supporting microbes? The all out living soil seems a little to much for me at this point but I do want a healthy microbe population to help utilize the jacks. If all that makes it sound like I have no idea what im doing that would be correct. lol

1 Like

Yes. A little unsulphured molasses (I use a tablespoon) every few waterings will give the microbes sugar to eat.

2 Likes

A more comparable product may be Great White. I dust root balls with it when transplanting. For bacteria and fungi I use FishSh’t, Tribus Original and or Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice and Piranha.
Plants grow better with it than without it.

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. I have seen videos where people dust the root ball with the fungi when transplanting. I dont transplant and start my autoflowers in final container. I just mix the fungi powder into the ffof when prepping. Someone had told me happy frog has it in it but ffof doesnt? so I dont know if I am or aint accomplishing much with it? At this point I try to mostly seek advice :sweat_smile:

I layer it in my soil when filling pots. One cup per 10 gallon pot works great.

2 Likes

You can make your own lactobacillus with rice, water and milk. I use Xtreme Mykos for transplanting, molasses every few waterings, and microbe feed (bacteria) every couple/few weeks.

3 Likes

I have some unsulfured malasses. Ive gave it to my current grow even though I dont know if my soil does or doesnt have many microbes. ive not added any and have used chemical nutes so… Im eager to try and learn the Jacks. mostly just concerned and dont want to put in things that will harm
the microbes. Still trying to figure out what all I will need to add to avoid deficiencies or if the jacks is all that is needed :thinking:

I over think, complicate, and confuss myself.

2 Likes

Putting peroxide in teh soil is the only mistake I have seen growers make.

All soils have microbes in them. It’s just a matter of how much. Don’t overdo the microbes. Microbes can significantly increase a plant’s nutrient uptake and it can lead to nute burn if it is overdone.

1 Like

Recharge has molasses in it already. No need to add more, and it wont hurt if you do but run the risk for attracting bugs.

1 Like

Thats good info to have thank you. Im for sure not a fan of bugs. not even the beneficial kind. Thats what has kind of turned me away from living soil. the article I read on it talked about adding predator insects and I dont think I could go for that. worms dont bother me, but creepy crawling insects with all their legs do. Centipedes and spiders freak me out.

1 Like

Regardless of growing style, bugs are a risk, and preventative measures are always in place. It is always nice to reduce the chances as much as possible.

1 Like

I havent had any bug problems yet beyond nats. the little sticky pads cure that problem pretty quickly. I am planning to do mulch or cover for the first time this next grow. still need to look into what to use for that. been leaning toward lawn straw