Is this the right distance from my light source?

Yeah! I am going to make one myself, with some cardboard and aluminum foil, kinda like this one. :grinning:

1 Like

I only use 2 23w cfl’s to start. They take off great and grow fast.

1 Like

I’ve always been a little sketchy on cardboard in my grows, and if you use foil kinda crunch it up a little first.

A disposable cake pan may be an idea.

1 Like

There are a lot of videos on youtube like this that show how to make a hood with a piece of heater ducting if you were interested

2 Likes

Watching it now :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice

2 Likes

I finished my creation :joy: It looks nice, and surprisingly the new pair of leaves that is coming out grew a lot more from yesterday’s night when I installed it. I hope that it doesn’t catch on fire :grin:

@Not2SureYet
@dbrn32

4 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

The nice thing about CFL lightsis they don’t get to hot .You can even lay toilet paper on them and they will not catch fire :grin: I like the box there. I have a pizza box I cut to fit over my CFL lights. I covered it with aluminum tape too. Works great as a reflector for starting plants.

1 Like

An update! The clfs definately helped, the plant is constantly growing faster and faster, im pretty sure it is about to explode and grow massively. I hope that I can make it flower

2 Likes

It does look better. Nice job!

Update! Just topped it today because of my small space

2 Likes