Is this the best LED lamp manufacturers ever? :O

Hi, I’m here not long but I couldn’t find any good article about LED lamps, I know there are plenty of manufacturers who makes pretty good and cheap lamps like marshydro but I would love to make this topic as only the best LED lamps and not making price as a priority. The prority here should be making as many G’s as possible on 1mx1m growtent.

So I know two manufacturers who are very cool, both of them use 3W diods (which leads to smaller distance between lamp and plants which leads to bigger space to use and yields) also both of them doesn’t use any cooling system (all power is used to diods, no sound, no heat) and both declare that after 80.000h lamps works 10% less efficient which is a really good score.

Above manufacturers calls: sanlight, growspec

I was using until now sanlight M30 (30W) lamp with Royal Jack auto from RQS in 1 feet on 1 feet tent and the results are stunning! I’m making harvest after few days and on my eye I will have about 40g of dry herb after ~65 days moreover it is a very small plant (usually 40-60cm) which covered about 3/4 or 3/5 of the area. The lamp doesn’t emit any noise and the heat? well I can comfortably touch it during working hours so the growbox temp is the same as ambient ±0,5 degree and my monthly electricity bill was 1,8$ higher.

I used only soil with orgatrex nutrients from BioTabs every watering.

Another time (when my budget allows) I will test GrowSpec 60W cannabis version lamp and GrowSpec 150W lamp not only because of above features but I want to test individual light per plant in 1mx1m tent and also I want to push buttons on 150W lamp controller.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

In past I found research that purple color led lamp and white color led lamp are totally diffrent, the most important from it was that the purple color one are cheaper and produce ~30% less yield than the white one.

2 Likes

System efficacy of 2.7 umol/joule is definitely solid, not sure I’m a fan of light spectrum though. I can’t find US retailers for price though.

3 Likes

i would also like to know what is the best LED at any price

Samsung lm301b or nichia 757 were most efficient leds available last I knew. I’m pretty certain that in just about every horticulture platform either are available that’s really up to the end user. The qb 288v2 uses lm301b for example, and the lower the current the better it is. It’s arguable what the best light spectrum is, we’re still operating on something around or similar to McCree curve. So you’ll see a lot of white diodes that are supplemented with 660nm and possibly something 720nm or above on the basis this is “better”.

The average home grower isn’t going to see a huge difference among any of the higher end led stuff provided they’re all proper for the space. They’ll all blow the typical amazon blurple panel away. That being said, I would focus more on getting something good at the best price. Based on what some of the growers here are doing with some of these lights, hard to spend a lot more for something like a 3-6% gain in yield per watt or to have the latest fad in my opinion.

3 Likes

and thats why i listen to you

1 Like

fyi you could have said with hlg 135 v2 you already have the best LED (uh, is that true? )

1 Like

Yes if you have the V2 they’re the most efficient on the market. But like dbrn32 said the lower the current you run them the more efficient they are.

2 Likes

Well I’m not exactly sure the qb is the most efficient package. But it’s likely the best for the money. They’re not the only board to use them is all. A different rig with diode operating current that’s lower would technically be more efficient. But long story short, ya you can’t exactly get your hands on better leds.

3 Likes

That’s a better way of saying it lol.

1 Like