Is this root rot :(

Hey y’all I know I should’ve started in a smaller pot but I believe she’s experiencing root rot. Her sister is doing fine and growing but she has stunted in growth

1 Like

What makes you believe it’s root rot.

1 Like

The general droppings of the leaves and the stunted growth. She’s doing much better now tho :slight_smile:

She might have been wilting because she was thirsty

Ooh i didn’t even think of that. She never lost any leaves but she was really droopy like that for a few days. I starved her then she perked back up

1 Like

Yeahman wilting is commonly a sign of either being over watered or a sign of them being thirsty.

Is there absolutely anyway to differentiate so that I don’t end up drowning or over starving a plant??

1 Like

What I usually do is water and then wait a couple days until the pot dries up. Then water again. You can get a moisture meter to check (easily found on amazon) or you can also check if the pot is dry or not by lifting it up. Before you water, lift the pot and see what it feels like dry. It should be relatively light. After you water, lift it again and you should be able to tell a difference. Heavier obviously. You should wait again until the pot is light again and then water. After a few times you should get it down to a schedule of watering every 2-3 days depending on the size of your pot. I have to water my girl in the 10 gal every other day but my girls in the 7 gal get water every 2-3 days.