Is this ready to FIM or top

Bend her over between the 3rd and 4th nodes and spread her out as she grows. She’ll end up being a bush with tuns of colas. If you’re dead set on topping or fimming I’d go with fimming, the worse you can do if you screw it up is you end up topping it on missing entirely. Ive found that most of the time when Ive missed entirely it still slowed the growth of the main stem and allowed the lower branches to catch up.

1 Like

well I couldn’t take it anymore and had to interfere with nature, I FIMed two of them(my two healthiest). Here are before and after pics, did I do okay?

4 Likes

@HippieRunner1 I like the wire around the bag! Genius.

I grow outdoors each summer. One topping and then LST where I tie down branches with binder clips and some coated electrical wire I picked up cheap at a garage sale. LST opens the plant so I can get more possible bud sites.

Then just water and top dress the rest of the growing season. Remove dead leaves and big fans blocking bud sites.

Did fine last season with 4 plants outdoors. I am going to grow the legal limit of 12 this time plus some CBD hemp.

2 Likes

You did well. She’s healthy and will deliver. :wink:

1 Like

Looks like you did a great job. She would respond well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only time will tell if you got the Fim or not. I missed on about 50% last year.this one I got right

2 Likes

That thing looks like a tree trunk, what did you use to chop her down, double bit axe? :wink:

3 Likes

I yanked her out of the ground a couple of months after harvest

Okay, just looking for a little help as well, where do you cut to fim?

I went with detailed description of how to do it.He goes through topping as well and the pros and cons of both.

https://sensigarden.com/fimming-topping-cannabis-plants/

After your fifth node your ready to top or fim

I have zero issues with topping. FIMming on the other hand I have 1 failed attempt where I did not take off enough of the new growth and I believe 1 successful attempt on the same plant. The pic is right after the FIMming and from all I have read, you should remove about 80% of the new growth right before it starts to open and spread. I will get a pic of the result of my 2nd FIM attempt and post in it in the morning. I am on day 4 of recovery.

Cool, I had a 2 day pic so you can see the new growth. Still not sure what is going on yet. It looks better than my first attempt as the first try is only regrowing what would have been there had I not done anything.

Pretty sure based on the interesting growth that I nailed it. As in a top situation, I have the 2 new cola sites to the left and right of the main in the center, but look at the main, 2 maybe 3 additional colas possibly. I have not used this trick before so 5 colas for 1 is some of that new math. I like it.

Very nice looking, is this some sort of purple strain or is that just a purple hue from photography.

As far as my attempt at FIMing, I can say without a doubt that I failed miserably.
The plant has grown about 2’ since and no extra colas for me but they are 5’ tall so far and healthy and sturdy as an oak tree.

The purple hue is from my blurple light. I incorporate an additional blurple light with my white light from pre flower through bud stages as it adds the extra blue and red for bigger and denser buds.

Ah okay, it’s the lights.
I thought it might be a strain like purple kush… of which I happen to have one growing right here…

That’s beautiful. Well done… :fist_right::fist_left:

I fimmed my GGA twice here is a pic

i fimmed this twice all over i did all branches and top