Is this preflower?

thanks, these are AFs. Is that little pistle (3rd pic) a sign that even the northern lights is in the beginning phase?

Do I switch nutes now? Tx again.

You’ll want to continue feeding growth nutrients until stretch is over. On the nutrient bottles there should be a transition from growing to blooming

2 Likes

I think that they are all getting close to flowering. With autos (which I have never grown), they will do what they do when they are ready to do it. You have very little control over their schedule.

Having never grown autos I am not sure when to start flower nutrients but I do think it is a bit early for that. Some experienced auto growers will have a better answer for you.

1 Like

OK, thanks. Will continue the course and I"ll have to buy more. Sigh. There aren’t any transition periods on the bottles that I see, just veg and bloom. Using AN Coco Sensi. I feel like I’m throwing good money after bad, but who knows, maybe these plants will surprise me.

Can’t tell how big they are from the pictures but they look healthy

1 Like

I started a grow journal that hasn’t gotten much love, but it’s not the most exciting grow in the world. The climate here is rough and I tend to attract every pest, virus and bacteria known to plant kind in the back yard. Throwing out my entire container garden this week.

2 Likes

my best advice to you is to study/read the GUIDES above as; trust me on this, you need to know stuff if you want to sucessfully grow pot down the years…the penny will drop when you get high from your own grow…but have fun…remember, there are no disasters only knowledge gained.
:man_farmer::boom:

thanks. i’ve read them, but when the time comes first time around for anything/everything it’s easy to have doubts and nice to be able to reach out and ask advice/confirmation.

3 Likes

Ask questions when in doubt we all have them from time to time. Those are pistols on the northern lights she’s just a little behind the other 2 ( different strain ) I have 2 plants with the same pistols on them right now

Thx. I didn’t realize preflower lasted this long. they’ve looked like this for awhile now.

Wat month is it

here is the growth cycle for autos:
vegation stage - 3 weeks
flower stage - weeks 3-12

1 Like

It’s day 41 since sprouting. timing is certainly right. i was just expecting things to go BLAM once flower started. seeing pics in grow journals and in person are different.

I harvested today and I germinated the seeds ( Auto Afghan / Kush in a greenhouse ) on the full moon in February…it sure is a waiting game, but its the best game. :hatching_chick:

2 Likes

oh that’s exciting! good harvest?

this game is going to teach me patience, even if it kills me. I have my firsts photos indoors and the grow was unplanned and therefor not well executed initially… the long veg time to catch up is killing me.

1 Like

Patient’s grasshopper

1 Like

uh not really…i managed 4 plants out of 15 seeds…so kinda crap as i grow in a greenhouse for a years supply and I doubt if the weather is going to hold up…its back to the drawing board for me.

oh man, sorry to hear it. i was dreaming about putting a greenhouse up but i don’t know jack about how to manage one.

its a constant monitoring job, temperature, humidity ,MOLD and the Feds in sky with choppers and drones but when the old trichomes amber up, its worth it.

ps, my next seeds come from Mr Bergman and his Autos

1 Like

that sounds stressful. i just think “hey, free sun”, but probably costs more to control the environment. the mold has to be worst… you make it so far almost to the end and then that. pretty sure that’s how my outdoors are gonna fare. it’s so humid here, i didn’t know any better. and supposedly the blueberry can take a really long time to finish up.

contractors were just here to eye up the world’s smallest addition. first thing they saw, buried in my garden and weeds, were the autos. i guess now i know they smoke, too. LOL. at least i can tell them now why i really want the room built off the back and why oh by the way i want some exhaust vents built into my bedrooms. i was trying to figure out a legit reason for wanting duct work running outside haha.