Is this plant going to survive

Hi guys,

can someone help out @Dbonds95. He asks:

Hey I’m really new and cheap at this. Can yo u tell
me if my plant is going to survive because it’s leaning. This morning it just came out . I’ve terminated it before planting. And I’m using regular bulb light, about 2, 3inches above my pot
It’s still green and the stem has a little purple on it.

c883d4461db81664a461dc055c69153dcb305b34_1_374x500d99ec0e3a872824d8c36a86726e5e867f90625a4_1_374x50041c4f00ff352d0c4c81be99f8d5d8a1e6de1cb7c_1_374x500

3 Likes

@Dbonds95 if you keep a regular light bulb a few inches above that plant it will die.
I’m not a indoor grower but I think @garrigan62 or @Countryboyjvd1971 or any one else with growing under light experience can get u on the right track

1 Like

Define “regular bulb” as if it’s a standard incandescent then it’ll be as much use as hemorrhoids in a farting competition.

But, to me, she’s just broken ground so, provided that it’s not an incandescent bulb giving off WAY too much heat, she should stand up in a day or two and then you can worry about getting some better lighting

5 Likes

Thats normal for a new sprout to be bent over like that and you should see it stand up in a day or two
Place hand between bulb and plant if you burn your hand youll burn the plant you should be fine for a few days under that bulb make sure you have a bulb in the 4100k range for veg and 3100k for flower
Light penetration is important and foot print
Your looking for around 50 actual watts per square foot of tent space or canopy on average
You can build your own light fixture if you wanted to and buy some cheap bulbs at the box hardware stores but in my opinion youd be better off buying a cheap 300 watt led fixture off Amazon
Hope this helps maybe join the forum so we can help guide you threw the grow
:wink: :v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

your such a top bloke!

1.) CFL Grow Lights

CFL grow lights are the twisty-looking bulbs you can find anywhere you normally buy light bulbs. They produce a great spectrum for growing cannabis and can be used in tiny spaces where no other grow light would fit such as the inside of a cabinet.

Keeping CFLs close results in the best yields and growth

2.) T5 Grow Lights

These lights are used for the seedling stage, Once they have 5 - 6 true sets of leafs you’ll need to switch to 400 watt for veg and then 600 watt or better for flower. and there are L. E. D lights that are for all phases of growth. Check out Amazon.com

And Welcome To ILGM

T5 grow lights are one of the most easily available types of grow lights and are used to grow many different types of plants. As a result, they’re available in many garden and home improvement stores.

T5s are much bigger/wider than CFLs and usually come as part of a panel, but they can still be kept mere inches away from your plants without worrying about burning them.

3 Likes

First, welcome to ILGM forum :grinning:

And I will add that blowing a fan direct at the young sprout isn’t gone a help @Dbonds95, you also should keep it under a transparent cup or dome to keep humidity high enough and only water spray around the base of your plantule about 35 ml, 2 times a day.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the new device “seedo”?

You could build something like this LED light for about $25. It has about 70 true watts. Five 15 watt 5000 k LED light bulbs with difusers removed. You can also get a 7 bulb version.

20180104_07523720180104_075243
@Dbonds95

1 Like