Is this Overkill?

I’m a Noob just getting started. I currently have one auto 10 days old with just a cheap light and a pot.

I’m wanting to invest in a tent with ventilation and a better light.

Is this OK, overkill, or not enough if I wanted to grow 4 plants at one time?

VIVOSUN 36"x36"x72" Grow Tent, 3x3 FT Advanced Gray Mylar Hydroponic Tent with 19mm Poles, Observation Window, and Floor Tray for Plants

VIVOSUN VS2000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes & Brand Driver Dimmable Lights Sunlike Full Spectrum with Grow Room Glasses for Indoor Plants Seedling Veg and Bloom Plant Growing Lamps

VIVOSUN 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting Kit for Grow Tent Ventilation

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KGSY9WH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K&th=1?tag=greenrel-20

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GNZ7M74/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B092QVC4PC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K&th=1?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi there. I have a 4x4 and grow 3 photoperiod plants. it really fills it up.
the light in the kit is a 200 w. They say 2000 to fool us. I went through 2 cheap lights before I found the right one for me.
Sometimes you are better off buying separate instead of a kit. The light is one of the most important things for a good grow. The experts will chime in soon to help.

3 Likes

Agree with above while your plant is young and you still have time, you can save money by buying Better quality equipment then getting a kit and having to upgrade later. Speaking from experience. I went through multiple lights and tents before I settled on what I have now

3 Likes

My first setup was a marshydro kit. Immediately had to upgrade the lights. I went with Horticulture Lighting Group and then it all fell into place. The tent would be fine, but the lights are iffy. Budget an inline fan (ac infinity) and charcoal filter. Also a few 6” fan to blow on the ladies.

2 Likes

Sounds like expert advice to me

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! It’s a rewarding hobby, it’s going to be the best smoke you ever had.

I’ve got 3 tents so I’m not sure what you mean by “overkill”. :grin:

7 Likes

Is there such a thing as overkill, started with a window grow now 3 tents and a room. Cant add more because my electric panel wont support it so now im thinking of a separate building with its own power. Maybe this is close to overkill lol

4 Likes

I bought a 4x4x72 kit with an exhaust fan and carbon filter. The lights I bought separate HLG Quantum board 260. 2 of them. Pricy but well worth it. As said above there is no such thing as overkill but there is a sad outcome with under estimating the needs of a good grow.

2 Likes

Go with an AC Infinity fan. Few bucks more but higher cfms and better made.

2 Likes

200 watt light is a little small for a 3x3 probably want to be 300 or higher and as was said look into AC infinity better quality fans and tents

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input. As far as the tent goes, I have seen multiple thoughts on sizes and quantity of plants is 3x3 large enough for 4 plants, it’s really all the space I have right now, but I might can go 2x4 or 4x4 with a little rearranging. For lighting, seems from looking around the forum HLG is quite popular. Looking at the HLG 350R, think that is suitable IN A 3X3?

2 Likes

You could buy two HLG 200s 400 watts less money

1 Like

2 260 xls in a 4x4 is what i consider the perfect amount of space and light for hobbyist growing

1 Like

I run a hlg 350r in a 2.5 x 5

1 Like

I’m starting to learn there is no overkill just the biggest and best you can fit and afford LOL. My problem is I have a reputation with my wife for jumping in 2 feet buying it all and more and then adding to the collection LOL. Trying to hold myself just a little in check. (For now)

2 Likes

I’m looking at the AC Infinity AI-CLT6 CLOUDLINE T6, QUIET INLINE DUCT FAN SYSTEM WITH TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROLLER, 6-INCH. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum bro!!!:+1:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::v:t3:and yeah AC Infinity makes a great product. I have the T4 & T6 and just got the controller 67 in the mail. Can’t wait to hook it up. They put out a great product. Good luck on your grow bud!!!:+1:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::v:t3::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:

Thanks for the input, I didn’t even know they made an extension for tents.