Is this over watering? Please help!

@middlecoast ,You’re welcome :innocent:

Just let things work themselves out over time, at this stage they are still a bit fragile and doing a flush will only put more stress on it…

For “dimming” to 200 W, it may work, you’ll see if it’s working after a day or two… Otherwise, put more distance between the canopy and your light.

And yes, I have a suggestion to help your humidifier, just put a couple of container or bowls with warm water in them in your grow area, (room, tent, etc.,) , it should help, otherwise @Countryboyjvd1971 may have some few more suggestion :wink:

Hope that’s respond to your questions and helping :innocent:

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

I had an issue with low humidity for a while. I tried the bowls of water thing and really didn’t help. What did help was the wicking method; use the bowls of water (warm or cold) and place the tail of a towel into the water, hang the towel near the water bowl (so the tail doesn’t come out of the water)

This method raised my humidity about 5%. Also lowering the intensity of your light might give you a few more points on humidity. Also foliar spraying does help too.

2 Likes

When I water I pour along the sides until I get a lil coming from the bottom. I messed with just giving it a lil water at the surface but wasn’t sure if it was getting enough and think I may have gone a bit in the opposite direction.

Ya i’ve tried that also and didn’t see much improvement which is why I bought a humidifier.

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/watering-marijuana-grown-in-soil/ Read over Roberts advice on watering.
When they are young, they need only a little water, and water out from the base of the plant inn a circle to get the roots reaching out from the plant…if you read the article on watering you will likely understand better than I can explain.
Only giving them a little water often, is not the best plan. Water right, then wait until the soil dries the right amount before watering again.
If you only water along the sides, your plants might actually not be getting any water. They have little root systems at two weeks. I hope the article helps.

3 Likes

Thanks. I feel like every other day I’m finding a new article or forum post. Appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I think you have a couple of things going on. One if them is that you’re ready for transplant to a much larger pot. Preferably a 5 gallon size.

If you’re using ffof you are good for now on nutrients.

Check that the pH of your water is 6.5 as that is the happy spot in ffof. Also make sure to let that water set out open for 24 hours to be sure that the chloramin can evaporate if you are on municipal water.

I had a very similar. situation with another grower and the bigger pot the plant took off with new growth after a few days and stopped drooping almost immediately!

5 Likes

Great call @bob31 :+1::ok_hand::clap::grinning:

@bob31 great call man. I had no idea how much root I had cause I just poked holes in a plastic cup and the roots couldn’t get through. 15509

And now in their new home.

5 Likes

It’s through others experience and mistakes that we learn. We have a great bunch of people here that are wonderful with helping and sharing :heart:

2 Likes

@middlecoast I think @bob31 was on point in that they needed more leg room. I personally start feeding as soon as the round feeder leaves fall turn yellow and fall off
So in a few days you’ll see them recover they will build more roots the first couple days appear the be doing nothing at first FYI

3 Likes

@middlecoast yes she was getting pretty root bound. Do you have any growth stimulating hormones to give her? Transplanting can be a bit of a shock. I give mine super thrive. Anyway she will perk up quickly either way!

1 Like

Curious…why would you make a 50/50 mix of soil, which doesn’t like too much water or nutes, with coco, which needs almost a daily watering and feeding? Seems like you you got yourself into a mess. Coco needs around pH5.8 and soil pH6.5, besides the watering issue, two very different mediums. Any chance of transplanting your girls into one medium or the other? Perlite or crushed up stirofoam can solve drainage problems in soil if that’s your concern.

1 Like

I actually didn’t have anything just went straight into ffof. I’ll have to order some for my next grow.

That’s ok, she will do fine.

Hi - so i’m going to chalk this up to amateur mistake. I had bought FFOF and was told that it was too hot to start seedlings in and so in my ignorance thought I could mix in some coco to help that out. As you said… I got myself into a mess and will not be messing with coco for a lil bit since i’ll likely stick to soil for a while and don’t need the odd mix. When I transplanted I went into 5 gallon smart pots of FFOF. Hoping that the abundance of soil will out weigh the small amount of coco that I used in my starter cups.

1 Like

@middlecoast the best advice we can give is to read through the grow journals here and learn from others. Ask questions before you decide to do something drastic and we can get you pointed in the right direction.

PH is King! 6.5 for soil 5.8 for soil less growing

For example if you wanted to “cut down” the FFOF a couple of notches, then organic generic potting soil with perlite will get the job done!

We all do it though and with a little TLC you can grow some killer Cannabis!

1 Like

Thanks man. Ya I’ve definitely done a lot of digging but I feel like I’m constantly turning up new information. Noth wrong with that and it’s kinda part of the fun. As a lil update… Here’s what they look like about 48 hours after transplant.

Seeing a lil spots and yellowing on the bottom but considering they will be cut off when I top down to the 3rd node I think it’s ok. Assuming it’s due to excessive nutrients and being in the beginning of being root bound.

Also, for those that want to continue to follow along I have a grow journal started already. “my first LED grow”

1 Like

Can you try the pics again? @middlecoast or if they are on your grow journal I will click over there as well!

Ya phone wasn’t acting nice. Here are the two plants I have. Its amazing how much they have popped up after transplant.