Is this one ready?

This is my first and I am trying to be patient. I think that I want 10% - 20% amber but what I really want is the best high.

3 Likes

Do you have a pic of the overall plant? From these, it looks like it might be fox-tailing a bit… not a big deal but will matter depending on which buds you’re looking at

I’d say shes definitely harvestable within the next week maybe 5 days then 48 hours dark just from the pics shown

Looks good, but it depends on what u want out of it

1 Like

@Caligurl I thought that they may be trying to Foxtail and I raised the light a couple of inches a few days ago. Thanks for your reply.

@GreenSnek and @JJ520 Thanks for the reply and opinion. I will give it another day or so.

@Caligurl here is the picture of the plant in question. I also included a group photo. This is my first grow and I was not familiar with the term “Foxtailing” until I joined this forum. I thought I did some good research but I wasn’t prepared for the flowering stretch either. I have seen your name before and have another question

Not sure how that happened but the question is, These are white widows and I have read that they have a “Loud Smell” , mine don’t, will this change once I cut them and start the drying process? The first pic is a group photo the second is the plant in question.

There is a small amount of fox-tailing but it could just be a characteristic of the plant. I’m growing a WW now but it just started flowering about 2 weeks ago. Mine doesn’t smell ‘loud’ either… it smells kinda citrusy but the DJBB2 in the same tent is definitely giving off a strong blueberry smell!

Fox-tailing also comes when the plants end up too close to the light. It doesn’t hurt anything or than making it hard to decide on the time to chop.

So when checking trichomes, make sure to look about 1/3 the way down the plant and at buds that don’t have any white or light colored pistils. She’s either ready or very close - see chart above.

1 Like

Thanks @Caligurl, I will watch her close this week but I plan to take her this weekend. I think the others probably still have a week maybe two.

1 Like

Congratulations on the imminent harvest! You did a wonderful job!

Thanks @Caligurl, I was looking at them last night and they appear to be ripening quickly at this point. This is an interesting hobby and I appreciate al the help.

1 Like

@Caligurl @GreenSnek @JJ520 I just harvested my first plant ever! I’m so excited. I did a bud wash because I had a Fungus Gnat infestation. I have her hanging now and can’t wait for it to dry so I can start to cure. I am even looking forward to trimming. LOL, I know, excited first timer.

3 Likes

Always the best feeling knowing you went from seed to harvest. Nice job @HighAttitude :+1:

1 Like

Gratz dude if you want a Lil prototype of the high(assuming your tolerance isn’t to high) pop a small bud in your mouth and eat it the heat of your body will partially decarb it(or brew a tea with it) otherwise just gotta wait till the small branches start snapping and you’ll be fine

1 Like

Got to enjoy growing your own meds👍

1 Like

Thanks @GreenSnek , I may give that a try. Of course some of the buds are small and I have one or two identified for taste testers lol.

1 Like

Today was harvest day, this is the last group photo. It’s been 14 weeks and my two best plants looked ready. The others were close if not ready. I can’t control the heat where I grow and they were foxtailing pretty bad, heat stress I suppose, so I took them all. Did a bud wash, now have them hanging and waiting for them to dry.

4 Likes