Is this OK? Or do I need to spend more money? Oh Em Gee. Why do I ask

I like thermpro product.
This is the one i have
https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-TP50-Digital-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B01H1R0K68?ref_=ast_sto_dp

3 Likes

I’m just wondering about accuracy. I also need a humidifier. Preferably something self controled. Thanks for the help

@Cabs I have the same one as the one you are looking at no problems with it.

1 Like

I use this:

SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer for iPhone/Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts. Developed and Supported in The USA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9yIgFbXPGJC8B

2 Likes

Oh Em Gee

1 Like

If you want to double check it, you can by a Boveda pack and stick the hygro in a plastic bin with the Boveda. Whatever the difference between the hygro reading and the Boveda rating, that’s your margin of error.

3 Likes

That was out of the box

its fine… I got 5 of those. Never had an issue

I am guessing its because you want an honest answer. That looks great. Welcome to the forum! Most everybody is great. No one is going to try and make you feel like a moron because you have a problem. I bet half the ones who answer on whatever problem you may run into jave had it themselves Ok, one of my electronic units had trouble with the humidity (I am guessing on that- just quit working). The replacement has worked fine ever since. So I guess try not to get it wet. Welcome, good luck on your grow.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Maybe it would be easier if I just told you what I had so far.

1. Tent
  2. Light
  3. Grow medium (no grow nutrients yet)
  4. Fans and light timer And that’s it
    I think my biggest concern at the moment is the humidity in the tent and how to circulate air as I’m growing in my room with no way to access ducting through a window. I suppose I can open the windows every once in a while just to get new air in the room. But in the hot summer months wouldn’t the air conditioning take care of that as well? Is that too much? Sorry. cause I’m just tired of thinking about it

Its ok man. Try not to stress out. Everyone gets nervous. Hell. I did. I grew mine in a 2x2x4 tent inside a closet. I am going to assume you have central heat/air conditioning, or a window unit in that room. Now I am what you would probably consider at least half redneck. So, if my heat was up I would get a fan and place it near the air conditon vent. Point it towards closet and turn on medium. That lowered the temp 8°. I could turn the air to a lower temp setting if I needed to. Do the opposite to get some heat in, and turn the fans down if needed. To increase my humidity I gave my girl a “pool.” I got an old dog water bowl out and filled it with some distilled water. Bigger tents may need more bowls. No body has told me not to do this, or said I’m an idiot for doing it. It brought my humidity up to about 50% which is what I was shooting for. Took the bowl out at flowering to drop the humidity to 40%. Just common sense redneck stuff. Now there are much better remedies if you can afford them. I am disabled, and live on Vienna sausages man. Try to have fun with your grow. There’s plenty of great help here if you ask. Good luck man

4 Likes

I will seriously stop replying when I am over medicated
Dang thats a f in book!!!

2 Likes

You made me laugh brother. And that’s a good way to end it for now. There’s just too much information in my head and I’m just trying to have it find its way to something tangible. oh and hey what’s wrong with Vienna sausage? Onions, bell pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, chicken stock, rice and Vienna sausage, and that my friends a meal. Yum

2 Likes

@Cabs,
You still with us? Hope so. Try not to overthink things. Read through some posts and find a few growers you would like to learn from. If I knew what medium you were growing in I would throw a couple of names out there. Its just a plant. It needs light, dirt, and water. And you can grow it.

1 Like