Is this nute burn? Should I flush?

This is my first ever grow. I’m growing WW Autos and they are about 5 weeks old. I gave them Fox Farm Grow Big at 3 weeks and again at 4 weeks according to package directions. They are growing in Miracle Grow potting soil. It appears the newer leaves are not damaged (yet). Should I flush them? If so, what is the best method?

I don’t know how to add pictures

Zinc deficiency may be

Maybe nute burn, or calcium def image?

That does look like a possibility. Thanks for the pic! My PH level has been too high (around 7.5), so I just flushed with PH’d water. Hopefully that will resolve it. I read that high PH can cause problems with absorbing zinc.

1 Like

Here is some more information - any tips would be appreciated!

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: ILGM White Widow Auto
Age from Sprout: 5 weeks
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Miracle Grow soil in 1 gal. pots
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? I have a meter and water when it’s halfway to the “dry” side - usually about 2/week
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 7.5
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Fox Farms Grow Big 1 tsp/gal
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
Light system, size and height from plants: LCD 900w, approx. 8 inches from top of plant
Temps; Day, Night: Day/Night 73-75 f
Humidity; Day, Night: Day - 48-50%, Night - 50-53%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: No, but room gets air
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC, no humidifier or dehumidifier
Co2; Yes, No: No

get that Ph. under control. that is the most likely culprit. do a total flush.

Thanks. How exactly do you do that? I’ve heard you need to use “PH’d” water, which I tried to create by putting lemon juice in the water.

1 Like

@Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @Tr33 @Whodat66 @Dennis_Green your thoughts on the best way to flush?
don’t want to steer you wrong @JuliaBelle

that’s a good question I m interested in what my peeps have to say :smile:

I’ll see your pH issue and raise you a “Miracle No” :slight_smile:

1 Like

pH’s simply means adjusting it to the proper pH. Lemon juice (acidic) will change the pH. Make sure it is HOW you need to change it. You should water the plants with pH in the 6.2-6.5 range for starters, but I would recommend you read through the guides on here (top right) and then see if you have questions. Good stuff on here.

2 Likes

Thankx Who :smile:

Now let’s see:

5 Likes

Wow, great information, thanks! The lights are full spectrum LED’s - 900w. That’s not enough? Ugh, what do you recommend lighting-wise? I have read the guides, so I guess it’s time to go back through them. I have a small humidifier I can use, and I do have a fan in the room.

I read that using lemon juice will lower PH. I put a small amount in the flush water and measured the water before using it - it registered around 6.5. I have flushed both plants (I only have 2) and now the PH reading is about 6. Of course they’re still not finished draining, so I will definitely measure them again later once all the flush water has drained out.

Is it ok to transplant them into bigger pots now? Should I wait until they’ve completely dried out from the flush first?

1 Like

The Light is good enough(what is the real watts of that light) but is to low and in general for veg stage is around 18-24 inches /12-18 for flowering stage but depending about the brand. Use the humidifier for rise the RH.
Lemon juice is not so good because she deteriorates very fast, maybe you can buy a pH down(you can find that in a pet store or in a big store)
I hope that moisture meter is not a pH meter too.
For flushing I will tag @Majiktoker @Donaldj @ktreez420
And I think you need to wait a little bit before repot them.
What do you think guys?

3 Likes

@Jrlawler! Your pics look remarkably similar to @JuliaBelle’s! What are the details of your grow?

(edited to add: LOL! Just noticed they were the same pictures! Nevermind . . . .) :smile:

Most advise to stay away from Miracle Grow as well, since that soil is hot. . . @M4ur has given good guidance and tagged the right guys! Maybe add @Countryboyjvd1971 and @garrigan62.

2 Likes

@JuliaBelle
@M4ur has you going in the right direction.
You should be ok to transplant now. The sooner he better so they don’t become root bound and Cause more issues.
I agree that you need to get your PH lower 6.5 being the sweet spot for soil.
I find it is best to transplant halfway between waterings so that the soil stays together when you transplant. You don’t want it too wet or too dry.

What brand is your light? I don’t know a lot about LED lights but I do know that the true watts the light puts out is what you want to know in order to determine if it is sufficient. I would think a 900 watt would be sufficient for 2 plants but again not knowing the true watts I can’t be for sure. I would raise it up though as @M4ur suggested.

2 Likes