We actually have some boveda we’re going to throw in there after a couple weeks, I read a few people saying they messed with the terpene profile if used immediately. Right now the jar is sitting at about 64RH. We definitely had a hay smell in the room for the first 4-5 days and I now think that’s because we did pretty close hand trims on it. I think buds being a little dry might be because for the first week or so I was using the RH meter on the humidifier which after getting those mini RH meters im finding is off by close to -10 which probably contributed to it drying a little too fast. Last night I removed every bud that had any kind of black leaves under the loupe and anything that was overly dried as it was a little suspect.
A big lesson from this for me is that I grew way too much for a first grow, 14 big outdoor plants, and immediately learned that no matter how much you read or watch it barely preps you for the reality of needing to harvest large batches in one go so everything dries evenly together.
Thank you to everyone! Even with the potential mold issue it makes me want to keep pushing and get this figured out!