Is this mold or minerals

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Some videos say its mold some say its minerals from the water.

Thank you in advance

Did u foral spray them?

No. Dont know what that is?

Did u mist ur plants? Or did this appear from just watering it?

Watering or humidifier

Did not mist then

Looks like moisture. Tough to tell.

1 Like

Can you get a picture in natural light? It’s hard to tell from that picture, unfortunately.

Looks normal. Mold would be hairy like spider webs.

What you are seeing are the plants pores and protective trichomes.

2 Likes

If this doesnt work i can take more

1 Like

Just one more pic of the whole plant in natural light. They look good to me. I am not a leaf whisperer, though, but they will be by.

1 Like

@Jw420 looks like trichomes on the leaves if you ask me.

3 Likes

She got burned after transplabt into FFOF, wasnt aware of such things as hot soils. This is so much fun, should have started years ago!

2 Likes

Trichomes start this young?

1 Like

@Jw420 you’d be surprised how soon they start. It’s not a lot, but there’s some. When she gets bigger, you can take a flashlight and see the trichomes reflect back at you on the leaves. It was one of the first things I noticed when mine got bigger.

1 Like

Does it wipe off?

1 Like

yeppers,
there r 3 different kind of trich’s,
the ones we look for on the colas r stalked glandular trich’s.!
this is where the magic happens.!!
the other 2, glandular and stalk trich’s, r for mainly defense.

1 Like

No it does not.

2 Likes

This is normal in my limited experience. These are the first closeups I took of my plant at a very young age.

3 Likes

Trichoms are there to protect the plant. Much like hair and cilia grows on human epithelial surfaces to protect us.

trichome in Science
trichome[trĭk′ōm′, trī′kōm′]
One of the hairlike or bristlelike outgrowths on the epidermis of a plant. Trichomes serve a variety of functions, depending on their location. As root hairs (and as leaf hairs in epiphytes), trichomes absorb water and minerals. As leaf hairs, they reflect radiation, lower plant temperature, and reduce water loss. They also provide defense against insects.

@BobbyDigital Really cool Picts. Never saw fluorescent trichs.

1 Like