Is this male or female or is it to early.? I'm a newbie soooo could someone please help me out

When it becomes necessary to do so to increase airflow and light penetration. Probably a few weeks.

I only defoliate (LST) maybe once or twice in veg and then again twice in flowering.

I don’t understand why people bend over their plants and tie them down. It’s just going to grow back upright and once in flowering, plants never grow as per the original LST intention and instead grow upward. It might be fun to do, but it doesn’t accomplish anything.

3 Likes

I like to bush them out @MidwestGuy. All my bottom lower branches grownup up to make a beautiful canopy.

3 Likes

Just what i been do for yrs and works for me. And i dont fix what not broken lol. Happy growing. Beautiful today outdoors growing seasons be fun for me

3 Likes

That’s supercropping, which can be a good thing if properly managed, but the plant still ultimately grows upward. We’re dealing with a plant that is nearly a seedling here. I’d be concerned about breaking stems when trying to train. It’s just not worth the risk.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what your question is. Plants may pout for a day or 2 after transplant, but many plants sail right through it.

2 Likes

@Growcoast @MidwestGuy ! Is this how it’s supposed to look after transplant16176395604361407301020149491753|375x500

1 Like

Give it a day or 2 and it will probably be fine.

3 Likes

I start with my at 4th node but my grow has a different structure from the start. Once they pop out soil is have a light fan running and it always play with my plants to toughing stems by twisting my stem and light bend not to where we snap light a super crop.

3 Likes

Make sure to bruise the stem good to soften it up before bending when supercropping. It minimizes the risk of breaking something. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed always make Sure to play with before hand

3 Likes

So all is well for the moment as far as the transplant?? Right?? It does look a little sad

1 Like

They can pout for a day or 2 after a transplant. It’s likely it will look fine when you get up tomorrow. Maybe a little longer. It’s nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

@Growcoast bush them out?? Meaning what?

2 Likes

Sorry I’m a little late. I also think she should be repotted and wait a while for LST. Here is what I do for LST and it works really well… I like vegging longer for more yield because I’m not in a hurry lol:

June 29c_web Uploading: August 12 Sour Diesel.JPG…

2 Likes

You need a lot more soil in that pot. It should be a few inches from the top, just enough to water without it overflowing.

1 Like

Love the set up @Caligurl. Same way I do things. Looking nicccceeee!!!:grin: @GmbWu420 Just like @Caligurl. Is what I do but I start at my 4th node once u see some growth. My plants stay short and stout in veg I veg for 21 to 30 days depending on strain and growth structure.

2 Likes

Those were last years clones. This year I’m trying seeds… been frustrating so far but…

2 Likes

these are first week of flower just thru scrog up almost 2 days now. This my bloom tent 1. 2nd shot is veg tent. @Caligurl. @MidwestGuy. @GmbWu420

1 Like

here a blueberry that I tie down 2 days ago ubsee the right angle. This plants growing lanky

2 Likes

veg tent. Yes white widow just corrected been having issues I transplanted to new pot 7 gal

2 Likes