Is this magnesium deficiency?

Ive had a look about and this sort of looks like mag deficiency but I cant seem to find anything that really looks like this.

Im in DWC, PH is 5.88 and the plant is 30 days old. White widdow auto. Its quite small for its age. I have put nutes about a week ago in but less than 20% strength.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pls take pics in natural light

Doh… Sorry @basementstealth

1 Like

I would say they look hungry in general. What’s ph and ppm of your solution? Solution temps? Also if you could list what you’re using and at what concentration would help too.

1 Like

PH is 5.88 and ppm is 520. Im using Canna A+B at 10 ml each (in total) and have a 5 gal pot with about 4 gals in it so there is room under the pot. All the advice for auto seems to be dont use full strength and as it was small I didnt want to go in heavy. @dbrn32

1 Like

Are you adding calmag?

1 Like

No, Im using tap water not RO/rain etc @MattyBear

1 Like

I would start adding cal mag now.

3 Likes

I will @Familyman :slight_smile: Thanks

2 Likes

1 Like

520ppm is pretty low for mature plant. I would definitely add the calmag as the others stated. See where that takes your ppm too.

1 Like

I am waiting for calmag to come so have put in epsom salts. PPM is now 721 and ph 5.83

@dbrn32 @Familyman @MattyBear
Calmag has arrived so I will do a bucket swap at the weekend, increase the nutes and add the calmag. Thanks for the help. Hopefully all will be well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Full water change. Added Calmag and nutes at about 60% strength. PH 5.9 but will check it again later once its settled down and adjust to 5.8 but its well in the mag range. PPM 972. Ill upload pictures in a couple of days. Thanks everyone for the help.

3 Likes

So here we go. Its still very small and looks like its in pre flower but it doesnt look sick. Ive swapped the lights from 18/6 to 24/0 to see if that will help a little. I also have PK13/14 to add but I dont think its about ready yet

1 Like
  1. List item

Is it cold and dry in your grow space? Plant looks like needs warmth and humidity. Or maybe she is sleeping

temps are mid 70 and humidity is low at around 31% but I now have wet sponges in there to try and bring it up a bit. The humidity will have dropped as the temps were running around 80 so I opened the window so that cooler air is being drawn in to pull the temps down. @basementstealth

1 Like

Your new growth looks pretty good, nice work! I see the pistils, but i agree i would stay on veg blend right now. Personally, i would stay on the 18/6 schedule too.

I suspect you may be having a hydro related issue. Something like water temp or water level. I’m just not the best suited to help with that stuff.

1 Like

This is the first time Ive used auto in anything other than soil. I do have some photo seeds but wanted to try the auto in the pot for a change. It might be that the water has got too cold. Ill swap the lights back to 18/6 though. I can close my window which will help with the humidity too as its quite chilly in the UK. Its also my first grow under LED. Swapped it from a 200w CFL :slight_smile:

1 Like