Is this light any good?

just started using the light and all seems to be well. nice full spectrum. they don’t throw much heat which is nice

1 Like

@dbrn32 can you please tell me your thoughts on the light? It will be in a 3x3x6’ tent. Growing autos in

https://www.amazon.com/WILLS-Spectrum-Indoor-Monitor-Adjustable/dp/B07VPYG9DB?tag=greenrel-20

Never seen one before. Historically stuff like this isn’t great, but even with lower performance leds may do alright in 3x3 by large amount of power draw.

2 Likes

How high should I have it above my seedlings? They have this on Amazon, but it isn’t that detailed and I don’t know what I’m looking at. Thanks

1 Like

They all overlap 30". I would start there and see how plants do. Then adjust as needed.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 hello. I have a 4 x4 tent, using Mars hydro 2000. it has work a couple grows. Now question is, can I get another light to add to this or would it be better to spend for an HLG? I want to get the right one this time for better coverage. thank u so much. cyn

1 Like

Hlg lights definitely better than Mars. Hlg lights also cost more. If you don’t mind springing for one of the 4x4 solutions from them I’m sure you will be happy. If you need an alternative we can probably look around some. Prices have tightened up some over the last year on a lot of lights. Can be a matter of who has best sale when you’re looking to purchase.

2 Likes

Thanks. 30” above for 5 days and everything looking good, even have a 3 leaf’er. Should I continue at this height?

2 Likes

I think you can leave it there for now. Plant will grow up and close distance some, you should be able to make a determination of how they are doing as you go.

2 Likes

At current iv found a single red/blue bar T8 isn’t very useful but from research a single plant requires at least (50w that are true) so there in iv decided to build my own slightly over powered for 2 plants but as they will be different strain and auto flower, and I know other will be like “get a time scale” but eather way will they have an affect on the way they taste or smoke

1 Like

Probably a good move. I’d always rather have way more light and not need it than need it and not have it. :v:

I’m running 560 watts in my flower tent for 4 plants (4x4 space) and if I wasn’t absolutely confident that my lights were high quality, it wouldn’t be enough. It’s probably not as much as they can take, either, but it’s what I’ve got for now.

15 days since they sprouted. The Triploid has some variegated leaves. Anyone notice any issues?

Light height good by the looks of the node spacing?

Using biobizz soil.

1 Like

So far everything is looking good to my eye. :v:

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower

These autos are just over (3) weeks from popping out of the soil and appear to be in pre-flower. Should I turn on the “stronger” switch on my cob light which will boost the output to 426 watts? Lights are currently at 28” above canopy, running 20/4

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/WILLS-Spectrum-Indoor-Monitor-Adjustable/dp/B07VPYG9DB?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

Light I’m using

Now is the time to pump up the lights, particularly if you’re height restricted. It’s gonna start to stretch upward, higher light intensity will combat the stretching and (hopefully) stop her from hitting your lights too early

1 Like

Got it, thanks. All (4) of the autos are showing hairs at 3 weeks(2 AK’s, 1 Amnesia Haze and 1 Zkittles). Hopefully they will get much bigger over the next 8-10 weeks or whatever the timeline is before they get chopped. My tent is 6’ tall. Light is 28” above canopy and I still have a foot or so it can be raised. Currently running at 76 degrees with light on full power, humidity is around 40%. I run my 6” exhaust throughout the day.

Should I start flowering nutes?
Currently using the nutes below once a week at 1/2 strength

I’d add a bit of flowering nutes but don’t discontinue the veg nutes yet. The first couple weeks of flower are pretty nutrient intensive so running both together may help avoid deficiencies along the way.

1 Like

Plants looked a little stressed from hitting them with the extra wattage. I may have to ease them into it.

1 Like

I usually wait until after transition to hit my plants hard. But plenty of others do things differently.

3 Likes