Is this how you do LST? (Low stress training)

Looks professional!! You want to let them grow for a bit, when they start stretching upwards, add another clip and straighten it out. Do this with every shoot until the bud site reaches the edge of container then let them grow vertical. You will still need to keep them secured down or all your hard work will go down the drain.

That’s the way to fill the grow pot. I love LST. It’s a lot of fun to make the plant grow & do what you want it to do. This was a past ‘BIG BUD’ grow, and man did it make some big ones.

2 Likes

A good way is to use some 1mm diameter copper wire wrapped around the stem, you can then bend the stem to any shape.

1 Like

hello, im reading your advice here on lst do u have any pics like step by step as what u said above Here: Also, make sure your first bend is at least 6" from medium or around the 5th node. If you decide to FIM or top, do this at the 4th node if your plant is healthy and can take the stress. Start your bend right below the 5th node, the 5th nodes I pull them back in the opposite direction to create a a fuller plant with MANY main colas… so I am trying to picture what this looks like and i can see the plant going in 1 direction being pinned but do you then take the lower nodes that are free and pin them im a little confused and want to try this but im unsure how it should look and what you do as growth starts upward from the lower nodes do u continue to pin them any pics step by step would really help me with my p.t.s.d (gulf war army vet here) im just trying to see step by step how it comes together any help would be greatly appreciated :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your service! I have a journal here, search under my name, with pretty good pictures for LST.

Here you go-

Just be careful not to bend too much or you’ll snap the stem.