Is this heat stress or nutrient problem

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: jack herrer. Northern lights .blueberry

Age from Sprout:12 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: soil. 5 gallon pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Water every 5 days. Feel top of soil before i water

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: tds 700-1000
just flushed plants

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: hps running at 300w

Temps; Day, Night: 85/76. Runs at 90 sometimes

Humidity; Day, Night: 46

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:humidifier

Co2; Yes, No: no

20170823_051749

Looks like heat or light, how far are lights? Do you have fans ?

1 Like

About 25". Yes 2 fans.

Lights are 25"? Not sure if that is enough but sounds fine, maybe heat then

1 Like

Ok i moved my lights up a bit. Thinking about buying some led’s. Any recommendations on lights. Want at least 600w led’s. Need each light to cover 4x4

I’d get 2 lights that equal that amount
True watts is different than product name watts

1 Like

Have u used visparpectra?

I’m not a good person for this I’d recommend reading reviews or asking others here. Yes I use led but I’m on my second grow and only know what I have

2 Likes

@bob31
What u think. Heat stress and any recommendations on led’s

Looks like combination of heat stress and lights too close. Were the leave canoeing or turning up somewhat like a taco shell?

How’s life been treating you? Haven’t heard from you in awhile? Hope all is well!

Are you thinking switch to the LED lights to lower the temps?

Here is the light I just bought @Frescal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I4NY8KW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=greenrel-20

They claim draw wattage of +/- 205 but the actual draw wattage on my unit is like 192 watts. The light does a great job and it will cover a 4x4 area

Here is the grow I am using it on

I even talk about the light in my grow journal.

@Countryboyjvd1971 is who recommended this light to me and we are both happy with out purchases. I don’t have any experience with the visparpectra so I can’t offer any input on that

1 Like

No tacos shells. I’ve been good. Going on second round here. First grow came out ok but i learned alot. Im ready to go at it again. Yeah. Temperatures have been in the 100s here so its been a rough start. Other then been doing well.

excellent @Frescal usually leaves will taco to let you know they are too hot. Keep an eye on those plants and if you see the beginning of something happening start taking pics for me. It could be some type of deficiency but those leaves were too far gone for me to tell what happened to them. I just went off the temp numbers and the light setup and figured it probably was heat stress.

Otherwise the support ticket info looks solid!

3 Likes

Same here @bob31

1 Like

Hi you need to start a new topic just for your specific issue. Go to \

http://ilgmforum.com/c/indoor/the-grow

And choose +New Topic in the upper right corner to add a new topic. Tag me like @bob31 and I will be happy to help you out. You can copy and paste the text directly from this post of yours! @aussie123556

ok sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

you;re good, no worries. ’

sorry bout that.i wasn’t sure if i had to do that…:slight_smile: tks again,i think i just started a new thread.hope it worked with the uploads…:):grin:

@Frescal I didn’t have any taco shells when I had light burn, but they definitely looked burned… yep, the light was too close…

2 Likes