Is this guy a runt or just behind?

Hi all,

So, for my first grow I decided on White Widow CBD Autos. So far so good it seems. However one seems to be stunted and a darker green. I am growing inside with the kit from pot for a pot.
Just looking for a little insight as to why one plant seems to be a runt. It seems like the smaller one just isn’t as mature, even though I started them at the same time.

I am going to attempt to download a pic of them at the 30 day mark.

5 Likes

Welcome Looking good ! Not Unusual no two plants are the same.The smaller one could turn out to be your best plant. Keep up the good work

7 Likes

Thanks kellydans! I thought it may be the case, nice to have some assurance.

1 Like

They look good and green. One of mine is like that right now and it’s the oldest of 4 (GDP AF). But like @kellydans stated, it might be the highest yielding plant. Never know, but keep up the good work!

3 Likes

@kellydans Has Spoken! The smaller 1 May Stretch/Yield More and/or produce higher quality. Get pictures and charts of deficiencies on leaves, So you can ID and Correct them immediately

2 Likes

Give it time, always have one that takes longer, but gives big buds

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the feedback.
One more question. Do the plants, as they mature, create more heat? It seems as it’s going into the flowering stage with all the same conditions in my lung room it’s more difficult to keep my tent as cool as it was before.

2 Likes

Did you add another light for flowering stage or crank the light up to full wattage ? If so could create more heat. Good luck :+1::v:

2 Likes

No using the same light. Just lowered it a bit.

2 Likes

As the trees and leaves grow bigger and wider, Air ventilation must increase. There is not enough air flow/circulation. Add a small fan facing up on the inside or increase air intake power on the bottom and outtake on top/side (close to light) when you start producing extra large colas, you will have to add a fan on the floor or even one blowing directly on the colas

1 Like

I see. Is defoliation necessary?

My blueberry autos did the same thing. But now the runt I had is the biggest out of all of them most of the time when they stop growing for a minute it’s either stress related or it’s rooting itself more then it already is. In my case it was rooting itself and then took off like a rocket

2 Likes

I always remove the lowest 4-8 Pairs of bud sites from the 4 lowest side nodes(branches) and I also defoliate a few fan leaves and some sugar leaves, but only after LST or when my SoG is established. I only defoliate leaves that Block/Cover other bud sites. I use Leaves ID complications, so sometimes, if there’s enough space, I tie fan leaves together.

1 Like

Are you cultivating the lower nodes of the plant in an attempt to force bud concentration on the places up high that are more suitable for flower?
Also when in the autoflowera age do you begin the defoliate? ( Mine are at 32 days from germ)
This is my first time growing cannibas, so I didn’t use any training. Do you feel with autos, these techniques produce a significantly higher harvest?

1 Like

Try not to let your leaves set on top one another it will cause mold!

2 Likes

I tie wrap my branches together to get them out from under each other, then I defoliate a few leaves that covers other branches. 3 inches apart is good. The bud sites on bottom (inside) can be removed now. They don’t get enough light and they also get exposed to fertilizer or interfere with watering.

2 Likes

Check out my Black Widow in the Bud of the Month contest. Polling is Open. I also wrote a review for that strain. Thnx

1 Like