Is this fungus on buds?

Could experienced breeders (who had a similar story) that we explain what this is? This is Blueberry, the 8 week flowering and follow it every day regarding harvest … The two flowers I noticed something very strange and I immediately removed them … If not anything particularly bad I put them to dry and if I have to throw them, it seems to me that this is some kind of fungus …
Can you please give me some advice, what to do with this plant?

@Jorge ,

First up I would like to Welcome you to I L G M. The lounge is an awsome place where we all get to know each other better anyway here it is. I poisted a pic to show you why I believe its…

First, you must keep the air flowing. Botrytis Cinerea loves stagnant, moist air. It is what it thrives on. To make its environment as unfriendly as possible, lower your humidity below 45% and keep air flow moving. You can do this with oscillating fans, intake and exhaust systems, and even dehumidifiers.
Secondly, preventatively spray your garden. While some growers believe the myth that getting water on your buds causes bud rot, that is certainly not the case. You cannot get bud rot without the Botrytis Cinerea being present. Preventatively spraying your plants with a solution that kills the Botrytis Cinerea fungus in a natural and organic method is the way to go about doing it without fear of hurting your plants.
Some growers have reported success using a 1:10 ration of Milk/Water in a foliar application. I do not recommend this for anything other than ornamental plants, as sprayed milk might produce bacteria. There is very little data on this to be found it seems. Instead, a better and even more organic method is available which kills the Botrytis Cinerea spores by lowering the PH, rather than using a poison or fungicide. Simply mix 1 TBS of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), and 3-5 drops of an organic dish soap (used as a spreading agent), mixed with 1 gallon of room temperature water.
Spray the solution on your plants up to week 5 in flower to kill any Botrytis Cinerea spores that may be resting on the plant waiting for water. Spray once a week or as needed, but make sure that your airflow is good as to not allow standing water to rest inside of flowers. This spray also works very well for Powdery Mildew treatments as well!
So while there isn’t much we can do to stop the wineries from spreading the Botrytis Cinerea fungus, we can certainly do our not help spread it around and let it affect our lives and the marijuana plants.

Hope this helps

Will

4 Likes

It is bad, throw the fungus parts away…they are infected and it will spread all over the plant.

Do not smoke the buds if fungus is present.

The assumption is confirmed as correct … It is very bad, fungus spread by 30-40% plants, spread over only the largest flowers!
I’m having trouble with some preventive action because the plants in the 8 week flowering, every moment they need to cut! I cut off immediately all this plant and will save what can be saved, also a first for her (little they touched) 1
These plants were at the very end, I just waited for the right moment to be cut off, I can not believe I destroyed the largest plant that I had to look forward to !!!

I think I know where I’m wrong (I’m young and my first breeding) and I will say a couple of things right now are like cubes lined up in my head what happened …

• The “large” plant is in the very corner of the room, and even though I have two fan all the time there is a minimum ventilation …
  • From the beginning of breeding I sometimes knew foliar plants provide water, then put in an ordinary syringe and sprayed all plants, just as I have 2-3 times sprayed when they already had rather large flowers, it seems to me the biggest mistake - I sprayed them the flowers, lamps and fans are not completely dried up and there was a time when the timer is turned off everything (lights and fans) and flowers were left wet and created the fungus!
    The conclusion is the following: Never spray water on the plants in the flowering stage (in growth is desirable) but NEVER in the flourishing because the flowers if left wet will create the fungus!

Worst of all is that I do not need to smoking (as the first purpose) but I want to make Rick Simpson oil, I am sick and need oil! That’s why I chose a special kind of (medical) indica…
I hope to have enough of everything that you do …

Let me ask you something on that topic (regarding oil) …
Do I have to throw a complete plant or enough to remove the scissors sick part because after all I’m going to soak and cook in the medical gasoline (naphta) I think there should be no problem, what do you think?

Maybe administrators with assistance, can answer this question?

Thanks and regards.

Do not throw the plant away, just the part that has mold…the damage may be small if you got it early, but it can spread inside the bud over a larger area along the stem.

You may leave the rest on the plant if you haven’t harvested, the mold might not reoccur…or cut it off and dry it to avoid more rot.

Do you grow outside? I do, and my plants get mold at the end of flowering…and like your plants, mine are too far to use chemicals.

There may be signs of mold…yellowing small leaves on buds, a darker color inside the buds…if you grow again, look for a variety that is mold resistant and examine the plant often for mold.

1 Like

Greeting. indoor cultivation I had, the plants have completed 8 weeks of flowering and 2 are already mature and cut them, the others are just waiting for that day to them and cut off! I was able to see the good (early) time so I threw 30% of the largest plants and another 4-5 large flowers with other herbs … When I saw that this came up and the other plants I decided to do the harvest of all - some plants could be a few days under the lights but I would not risk it! I need to save all that can be saved … I wanted to give me a nice mature plants and at least 60-70% of hair browned but not compromise complete rearing (that we all rot) some will be cut and with 25-40% brown hair :worried:

1 Like