Is this foxtailing & how does it affect readiness

I think both my main colas have fox tailing…pretty sure the plants have 2 to 3 weeks before they are finished, so not sure i can do much about it now. From what ive read it wont do anything to potency, but im wondering if they typically lag behind in bud ripening?

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it to me. @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Covertgrower @kellydans @MrPeat what do you guys think.

3 Likes

Looks like the second round of pistils. Perfectly normal, it’s still has flowering to do.

Is this the breeders estimate?
When did you start counting flowering?

7 Likes

The guy i bought my seeds off of wasnt very informative. He said 10 weeks, but he couldnt even remember the exact strain he sold me. I just know its russian and master kush og. Im never buying like that again.

I was just basing that off im starting to see more white trichomes now. I started counting flowering when i started my flowering feeding schedule. This sunday would be the start of week 8 on the flowering schedule, but i switched to flowering 3 or 4 days prior to starting the feeding schedule.

From your response i take it i still have awhile to go? I attached 2 pics although i cant take any trichome pics until i order a new type of scope. Trying to take pics with my loupe is driving me mad.

As for the foxtailing it looked like new growth so i assumed. Thought i finally diagnosed something on my own :joy: Glad to see it might not be.

2 Likes

Okay perfect, then subtract 2 weeks for transition, and then start the counting over. This might be a closer timeframe for what you’re looking for.
10 weeks is a longer flowering strain, even using this as an estimate, she will continue flowering for a bit.
Still a gorgeous plant though.

5 Likes

Thank you

As much as i hate hearing a longer wait, that makes a lot more sense…some of these calyxes look so fresh. Plus its cool knowing i aint done watching her grow/change still.

For future reference, that 2 week transition period, would that be the last 2 weeks of veg on a feedong chart, or first 2 weeks of flowering?

1 Like

I personally don’t count the transition period. I do keep track of when I changed the schedule. Some plants transition faster than others, but in this case knowing it’s a sativa dominant strain, they tend to take the longest to transition. They also tend to have plenty of foxtails too. I would expect to see those on your plant too.

2 Likes

Ok great. Thanks again!

Edit: Im worried that i started the AN supplement schedule too early. This is their 2nd week of overdrive. I guess i just keep goving it to them though.

Your plants look good, wouldn’t stress too much. Yep just extend the schedule out a bit.

3 Likes

I don’t see signs of fox tailing. Now this one did.

And @Covertgrower has you covered. :+1:

5 Likes

Ohhh now i see why they call it a foxtail. Yea i think @Covertgrower is right on the money. I hadnt checked my ph or ppm since yesterday morning and for the first time that i can remember, my ph was down to 5, so i checked my ppm and it was at 800…so these girls are actually eating at a higher rate than i threw at them…from what ive read thats more in line with them going into week 6 than 8…

Ive just been thinking i was pretty much nearing the end and i could relax, but the girls were going into overdrive smh

They are getting a fresh reservoir tomorrow lol

4 Likes

I will add, if you chop the tip off of the top on @MrPeat s picture there. It will stop with the pointy tip and start building a fatter bud under it. I have to back bud most of my plants like that. :grin: And these plants can be goofy. I have done a few that finish up weeks sooner than what the breeder says. And others that can go almost a month longer. Really messes up the grow timing. :angry:

3 Likes

It looks great nice and fat and it looks very frosty

1 Like

Thnx for thr tag but I have nothing to add well explained by the others here

2 Likes