Is this flowering normally?

Hmmm, I am not sure this is flowering in the normal pattern. It looks different from the other plants.
Should I keep persisting or is it a waste of time and energy?

9 Likes

looks like flowering to me, nice plant

1 Like

I do not see anything wrong with it.

Would you say a child was a waste of time and energy if they looked different than the others. No, you would love and nurture them and reap the rewards of their success just as you have the others :v:

ok, so maybe not the best analogy, but you get my point :rofl:

6 Likes

@LilyWai, what do your other plants look like? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::cowboy_hat_face::writing_hand::man_scientist:

Umm, I see the point you’re trying to make Ron but not sure I would equate them to living children, I mean they’re nice & all and I do feel some affection for them…but I can’t see them wheeling me round or feeding me in my old age :wink:
The reason I ask if it’s worth the effort is I have two of my plants secreted in a bush area of my property, very steep slippery access especially for me as I have mobility issues so if it is not going to see fruition then it is a lot of pain & effort for no pay off.

1 Like

My other plants are bushy with the flowering heads at various points along the stems but this one seems to have the flowers developing in clusters along the central main stem. The outer bushy leaves have developed but dont have any flowers developing, they are all in the centre.
Doesn’t look like the other 3 plants but they have all received the same care and food.
The pictures show the ‘normal’ plant in first 3 images and the odd one out in the last two to show comparison.

2 Likes

Everyone look fine to me @LilyWai
:+1: nice job

1 Like

Thanks :pray:t2: Good to get a bit of reassurance when you are just starting out and don’t know what is considered ‘normal’.

@LilyWai, I am new to growing but I agree with @Countryboyjvd1971, your plants look just fine to me. I may be missing something but if anything I would say that the “odd” one is a little further along in the flowering stage.
Good looking crop, just be patient as they develop and mature. My understanding is that even plants of the same strain may exhibit different behavior and appearances.

I have been having the same problem @LilyWai, I don’t know what I am supposed to see and rely on the folks here on the ILGM forum to fill in the blanks.
Here is a link to my journal: First Grow From Beginning to End - #316 by Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Im growing 4 of same strain girls. None of them look alike. One of my 4 girls first nodes span wasnt even half inch & now shes one of my biggest. Congratulations on your job so far, they look great!

2 Likes

It’s fine!
You will have, probably, just one big cola… Something like this :wink:

4 Likes

@daddydays

Welcome to ILGM

Hell ya…they look awesome.

Will

1 Like

well I’d be pretty pleased if it ended up like that!
Might end up being the prized plant out of them all :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, along with all the encouraging assessments & reassurance. Feeling much better about the 4 ‘babies’ now…even Mojo - the one I was worried about. (Yeah, I know, I named my plants :smirk:)

Have been kinda just been fumbling along on my own so far with various web info for troubleshooting. But one thing I’d do different next time is bit more planning ahead, these poor plants have been shuffled around quite a bit (re-potted several times and moved from ground position a couple of times to optimise sun exposure). I’d also like to try specific strains as these are just random NZ seeds so a bit more control over size and end result would be ideal.
Clearly they are pretty tough plants and seem to also be really resistant to many of the bugs that are getting stuck into other plants in garden. I guess they haven’t survived as long as MJ has without being strong & resilient.

2 Likes