Is this enough light for my seeds to sprout? two 14 watt t8s// its been two days and ive seen no sprouting at all a tad worried lol

Seeds do not require lights to sprout. If they do not sprout in a week to 10 days, you may need to ask a few questions. Is the soil warm enough? Is the soil constantly moist but not soggy? Are the seeds viable?
After a seed breaks ground it require only enough water to grow to the second set of leaves with no fertilizer! The seed has all it needs on board. What you may notice with low intensity lighting is the seedlings will be very leggy and require support via paper clip or pipe cleaner. Good luck! Have fun!

2 Likes

Also make sure u didnt put it in upside down

1 Like

Seeds don’t really care about orientation, they do what they must to be heads up! The tap roots are gravity bound and the cotyledons will reach for the light, unless the seeds genetics are bad. Remember, if you start them in the traditional paper towel method, they come out like a question mark, they unfold and bend the way they need to.

2 Likes

I’ve seen plenty that didnt make it to the surface because of being upside down

2 Likes

Bad genetics!

1 Like

The last two blackberry kush I planted wanted to grow down in the dirt instead of up to the surface. Maybe I should have planted them upside down and I wouldn’t have had to straighten them out, lol

4 Likes

I think they will grow either way, but that upside down trick seems to be a lot less likely to pop with helmet.

1 Like