Is this day one of flower

I do the same, simply because it is a point in the grow that is concrete. No judgement or guessing. As others have stated, I only use the time since flipping as a reference point and to ESTIMATE harvest time period plus or minus a week or so. Given the large estimate window, the exact date that you start counting is not important.

8 Likes

I always got mixed up about veg time. Seedling stage, etc. For my peace of mind

Veg starts the day I drop my seed in water

Flower starts the day I flip lights

7 Likes

So, stupid question, when people are saying they’re in their seventh day of flower/ I was interpreting that as seven days since they turn the lights to 1212. Or when the specs of your strain are 58 days flower, then does that mean once they start flowering or when you turn the lights to 1212?

1 Like

The only stupid question is the one not asked @Cheeser

2 Likes

I think you could get a few different answers on this one, I personally count from when the white pistols start showing.

2 Likes

Ya I have some starting in the tops now it’s just under the tops the pistols were so long I was wondering when everyone else was calling day one for my log book this is just my second grow and I have 5 more plants in the veg tent

2 Likes

I’d like to know that myself I know the the Maui wowie takes 9 weeks to finish flower but is that from turning the lights down or when i first see pistils. I do know there do there own thing and take as long as they take. It’s just when do ya start seeds in the veg tent and not have them to big

1 Like

I guess the question is - how many days in between flipping the switch and actually starting to flower?

For me it seams to be 10-14 days before I see the pistols on the tops

1 Like

@perry2, Happy birthday :beers::tumbler_glass::fireworks:

1 Like

It starts from your first 12/12 flip,58 days later you harvest

1 Like

I have it written down so I’ll be watching and hoping your right

I think there into flower now

8 Likes

Yep, that’s full on flowering now. Maybe nearing the end of week 1 even. Looks great! :+1: Your thermometer/hygrometer will tell you more if you put it or its remote sensor at the canopy level. If I’m reading it right at 65F down there at the floor, it may not be giving you accurate numbers. If it doesn’t have a remote sensor, you can hang it with string or whatever.

1 Like

ya i have been thinking about that

Close…pre-preflower. About 1 week you will see pistils. Once you have a crown of pistils start day one of flower.

That is full flower…12/12 and watch humidity and feed schedule…best of luck…!!!

Ok I took clones from these plants before flipping to flower and I have the clones in the veg tent and there flowering. I don’t understand there photos not autos can someone explain what is happening

1 Like

You have likely already done this but I would verify that the light schedule is correct in your veg tent. Also, pistils coming out does not mean that your plants are in flower, it simply means that they are sexually mature enough to flower provided that the dark period is long enough.

4 Likes

what do you think I’ll be putting them into bigger pots today I have just never seen them do this but I’m new to cloning

1 Like