Is this bud starting hermie?

Does this cola look like it’s starting to hermie? Or are those just new pistils?

1 Like

@detroitpwp3

Lil bit blurry but Certainly looks like a nanner.
Can you get a clearer pic ?

Also seeing some of what looks like wpm just below that spot.

:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I think that one @Oldguy circled is just a curly pistil but a clearer picture would make it 100% I don’t see anything boy I believe it’s just swollen calyx you are looking at. Unless of course I’m missing something

Edit = oh and I see the wpm as well

To me it looks like it could be starting. That looks like White Widow, and if so my story will interest you. 2 years ago I had my best gal turn hermie right at the end of the flowering, and I didn’t notice it until I was trimming. There were not a lot of seeds, but I’m growing on of the hermie seeds this year and it’s a female.

2 points relating to this.

1. I had given a high dose of Vital Earth seabird guano 4-2-3. I recently saw someone else mention they were able to produce hermies reliably with large doses of seabird guano.

2. I was removing fan leaves as I didn’t know not to. I did have some issue with mold on one plant and a friend explained to me if you remove any of the leaves that look like fan leaves within the bud, mold will grow, and especially if you overwater, which I probably did also.

In short I figured by removing too many leaves from the plant I induced stress into the plant and that will cause it to turn hermie.

Here’s a white widow of mine. This is the toughest period, the home stretch…takes patience and willpower to grow the 'widow, but I would say it’s one of my favorite to smoke, very low in CBD and almost all THC, my type of bud.![white-widow-close-to-harvest

Not sure this image is working, I uploaded it, but it doesn’t show for me. Hmmm…

2 Likes

The only thing I have added is some my bigfoot and rainbow mix pro bloom. And it’s Goldleaf actually.

If there is a specific spot your concerned about could you take a more close up picture of that spot.

1 Like

Ya. After a look at the second pic I’m not seeing what I thought I saw.
:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

IMO you will know when a pod appears, check carefully.

I had 2 males out of 7. I used 5 ILGM seeds and 4 germinated, they were 3 years old, if that matters. I just got some and they don’t look plump like the previous seeds I got, and prices went up double…Hmmm…

Anyway, check it really good and make sure no pods/sacks are forming…one pod will ruin your entire crop, so it is worth keeping on top of.

Those pics look quite a bit different. I have never grown that. In fact I’ve only grown Northern Lights and White Widow. Would like to try Jack Herer, it’s Sativa dominant.

I just looked up Gold Leaf, looks kinda similar to White widow in regard to Indica(60%)/Sativa(40%). Maybe I’ll try that next year, it says early Oct, so you’re plants must be getting ready to harvest soon.

I’m not seeing anything that would indicate a herm. Maybe some real slight foxtailing but that’s it.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get a clear shot. The sugar leaves mess with the focus. It just seems puffy and I can’t tell if those are fat pistils or nanners. And thanks for pointing out the WPM. I started a daily regime of lost coast plant therapy. But thanks everyone for the help