Is this brown rot?

And if so, can it be treated by a hydrogen peroxide spray? Or is it too late and I should harvest now?

This is on outdoor autoflower that I have topped a couple of times. Maybe I shouldn’t have?

Thanks!

2 Likes

First welcome to the community looks like Bud rot to me.

3 Likes

The bain to all outdoor growers! Try to cut it out but bud rot is something you will chase once you get it. Might want to consider a plan of action to harvest if it continues to spread. Also dispose in the garbage away from your plants.

2 Likes

And anything you touch to the bud rot, don’t touch healthy buds. You can spread it

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies!
Will spraying the healthier plants with hydrogen peroxide inhibit the spread?
I may pull all the brown ones.

3 Likes

I would cut all infected parts and spray the rest of the plant with h2o2 and water

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

It’s a humid climate here. Right next to it is a normal flowering plant with no signs of brown rot.

Are autoflowers more susceptible since they are so bushy? For prevention, should I have NOT topped them?

Definitely remove the buds that have bud rot, as it can spread to others. Be very careful how you handle it! In my opinion, topping has nothing to do with the development of bud rot, but rather its the environmental factors such as high humidity. She could have been trained however you chose and still had this happen if the environmental conditions allow for it. :v::purple_heart::seedling:

1 Like

I pulled one plant and heavily pruned two more and H2O2 spayed everything still growing. The affected plants are the ones that get less morning sun to dry off the dew. It feels weird throwing pieces of cannabis plants into the compost.

Do you know of any varieties that do well in high humidity and rain, outdoors? The gold leaf (tall, airy) plants have no brown rot even though they are right next to the short bushy autoflowering ones that got it bad. I found two greyish green caterpillers right in the brown parts. I suppose next time I’ll try a variety pack of tall plants.